Their first reaction is 'this is just too good to be true'
Boca Raton, FL (PRWEB) September 29, 2008
A new fat reduction treatment that doesn't require surgery is now available at select medical clinics around the country -- and Alan J. Bauman, M.D. of the Bauman Medical Group in Boca Raton is among the first physicians selected to provide this treatment to patients.
"Their first reaction is 'this is just too good to be true'," Dr. Bauman explains, "but when patients see their clothes fitting differently in just two weeks, even the strong skeptics become believers. The Zerona treatment has an amazing potential for patients, as it offers relatively fast 'inch-loss' without the discomfort, recovery time and risks of surgery."
Using the FDA-cleared LipoLASER™ by Erchonia (McKinney, TX), the patented Zerona™ process allows patients to lose stubborn inches from their hips, waist or thighs without surgery. Clinical scientific trials for the Zerona™ fat reduction procedure in the U.S. have now been completed (reference: http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/record/NCT00738426).
Unlike liposuction, mesotherapy, Velashape™ or other body-contouring procedures, nothing ever touches the skin. Zerona™ is painless and requires no surgery, no anesthesia, no needles, no recovery, no healing and no downtime. It is an offshoot of FDA-approved laser-assisted liposuction -- which liquefies fat prior to its invasive removal -- now, minus the surgery.
According to Dr. Bauman, here are several key facts about the new treatment:
- During the treatment, the LipoLASER™ shines a series of five non-thermal, non-heating, non-burning, 'cold' low level lasers onto the desired treatment areas.
- The low level lasers target superficial fat cells causing them to discharge their contents and liquefy.
- The excess fat is then reabsorbed and excreted through the body's natural detoxification pathways. The shrunken fat cells remain and vital structures are unaffected.
- Over the course of two weeks, patients receive six painless 40-minute treatments under the lasers.
- During the procedure, the laser light is visible, but there is no sensation during or after the treatment.
- There is no recovery, no bruising, no swelling, and no downtime.
- Normal or athletic activities can resume immediately.
- In soon to be published, double-blind randomized multi-site placebo-controlled clinical trials, which tracked the circumferences of patient's hips, waist and thighs, the average total loss was five to six inches, up to a maximum of 9.5 inches, compared to a placebo group that only lost a half inch.
- The treatment works for both men and women. The most commonly treated areas are the hips, waist and thighs, but the treatment also works on the neck, back and arms.
Ann, a Bauman patient, said, "I was doubtful, but now I'm back in my 'skinny jeans' and I'm thrilled! I'd recommend it to anyone looking to lose a little around the middle."
In addition to making a patient look better, the new Zerona treatment may also make them healthier. While the treatment is not yet FDA-cleared for that purpose, blood tests performed before and after the procedure during the clinical trials have suggested some improvement in the standard markers for cholesterol and triglycerides.
The Zerona™ procedure is not a weight loss program, nor is it a cure for obesity. It is an adjunct, and often a 'kick-start,' for a healthy lifestyle, which includes good nutrition and adequate physical activity.
Low level laser therapy pioneer, Dr. Bauman, has treated hundreds of patients with low level laser therapy in his clinic over the last 10 years for other purposes. First in Florida, Bauman Medical Group is proud to be among the first in the U.S. to be selected to receive the Erchonia LipoLASER™ and offer the Zerona™ procedure for non-invasive, non surgical fat reduction and body contouring outside of the clinical trial sites. Bauman Medical is a medical practice located in Boca Raton, with an adjacent 'spa' dedicated exclusively to low level laser therapy.
For more information, visit http://www.baumanmedical.com
About Bauman Medical Group
Bauman Medical Group, in Boca Raton, Florida, is a state-of-the-art cosmetic clinic for men and women. The 4,000 square foot clinic includes the latest advanced technologies in hair restoration and non-invasive body-contouring, with four comfortable procedure rooms. Recently renovated, the clinic offers separate entrances for new patients, surgical patients and VIPs to ensure the utmost of discretion and privacy. BMG is the first in Florida to receive the Erchonia LipoLASER™ and offer the Zerona™ procedure. It is also the first clinic to offer a separate, unique "Hair Spa" devoted specifically to non-invasive hair treatments like laser therapy. http://www.baumanmedical.com