Comics represent the trifecta for entertainment media
Past News ReleasesRSS
Boston, MA (PRWEB) November 17, 2008
Zhura, creator of next-generation performance writing tools, today announced several new features and the addition of a Comic Book Format to its powerful online screenwriting platform.
"Comics represent the trifecta for entertainment media", says Zhura CEO Eric MacDonald. "They're generating simultaneous increases in print, electronic and theatrical revenues. And yet, comic book creators are still working in dozens of self-styled formats on generic word processors without the benefit of any of the professional-grade editing tools enjoyed by screenwriters and playwrights. Comics are by their nature, collaborative, which makes them a natural fit for our collaborative online technology."
Zhura addresses "traditional" needs of Comic Book Creators such as:
- Auto-incrementing panels and pages
- Numbering of dialogue-captions by panel or page
- Providing a "no copy" reference for panels without balloons
- Printing character summaries
Zhura also provides the following Standard Features to EACH of its five formats:
- Fully online, nothing to download.
- Content is secure, backed up daily and available to members from any computer.
- Immediate, real-time collaboration. Nothing to configure.
- Import/Export: Microsoft Word, Rich-Text (RTF) and Open Office.
- Social Networking Posts: Post a link to a read-only version of a script or comic on a Twitter, MySpace or Facebook news feed.
- Full Screen Mode: Premium members see a larger, more configurable editor allowing them to view a full page or more of their script.
- Online workgroups, version control, white boards and discussion areas allow collaborators to track changes by date and member and work together without emailing scripts.
Zhura was founded in 2007 to develop the next generation in performance writing tools. As the first company to combine advanced editing technology with valuable community, collaboration, and social networking features, Zhura is a thought leader in the Performance Writing Industry. For more information about Zhura's applications and online writing community, visit http://www.zhura.com.