These applications represent the first of potentially several additional LNG export applications to transport LNG from the Eastern Canada Maritimes region to the Europe and India/Asia LNG markets.
CALGARY, ALBERTA (PRWEB) November 20, 2014
Ziff Energy, a division of HSB Solomon Associates LLC (Solomon), today announced the release of a summary of Eastern Canadian LNG projects.
Within a 2-week period (October 24–November 7, 2014), three applications were submitted to the Canadian National Energy Board (NEB) to export liquefied natural gas (LNG) from the Eastern Canada Maritimes region and Quebec Canada:
- Pieridae Energy Ltd. (Pieridae) submitted an application for its proposed Goldboro LNG export project in Nova Scotia, Canada.
- GNL Quebec Inc. (GNL Quebec) submitted an application for its proposed Quebec, Canada project.
- Bear Head LNG Corp. (Bear Head) submitted an application for its proposed Point Tupper, Nova Scotia, Canada project.
“These applications represent the first of potentially several additional LNG export applications to transport LNG from the Eastern Canada Maritimes region to the Europe and India/Asia LNG markets,” said William Winnick, P. Eng., Director of Supply Forecasting at Ziff Energy.
LNG export from Eastern Canada has gained more prominence as a potential gas supply source to European countries and beyond. Shipping distances from the Canadian Maritimes are shorter to Europe and India than to the Gulf of Mexico or Western Canada.
Figure 1 shows the geographic locations of the submitted Pieridae, GNL Quebec, and Bear Head applications, plus two additional Canadian-proposed Maritime LNG export projects.
Other recent and widely read Ziff Energy reports available for purchase include:
- Henry Hub Gas Price Outlook to 2022
- Gas Production Outlook by Basin to 2022
- Growth of North America Natural Gas Demand to 2022
- Pipeline Capital Costs in North America
- Western Canadian Natural Gas Production to 2022
- US and Canadian Gas Reserve Replacement for 2013
- Pipeline Repurposing
- North American Gas Ultimate Potential Resource
- Shale Gas Production Outlook by Play to 2022
- Gas Demand for the Oil Sands to 2022
- North American LNG Exports to 2020
- Western Canadian Oil Production Outlook to 2020
- Gas for Power Generation to 2020
- Canadian Gas Exports to 2020
- Associated Gas Production Outlook to 2020
- Natural Gas Production Headwinds & Tailwinds
- North American Natural Gas Storage
- Unconventional Natural Gas Demand
- Mexico Natural Gas Outlook to 2020
Please contact Bill Gwozd, Senior Vice President of Gas Services, by phone at 403.234.4299 or by email at Bill.Gwozd(at)ZiffEnergy(dot)com for additional information.
About Solomon Associates
HSB Solomon Associates LLC (Solomon) is the leading performance improvement company for the global energy industry. Solomon’s benchmarking and consulting solutions help customers across the energy value chain achieve operational excellence by increasing efficiency, reliability, and profitability. Solomon also provides forecasting and advice on the North American gas market. Solomon’s proprietary analytics uniquely transform data into insight for making better business decisions. Based in Dallas, TX USA, Solomon is part of HSB Group, Inc. Learn more at http://www.SolomonOnline.com.