“The conventional wisdom about how a pricing initiative should play-out over time has become obsolete,” said Rafe VanDenBerg, VP of Strategic Marketing.
Austin, TX (PRWEB) April 26, 2010
Zilliant, the leading provider of price optimization and margin management solutions for B2B manufacturers, distributors, high-tech, and industrial service companies, today announced its "Better Prices Faster" approach is quickly becoming a best-practice for B2B companies looking to maximize the payback and momentum of their pricing initiatives. By leveraging technology to improve prices directly and immediately, this proven new approach enables B2B companies to generate demonstrable results much more quickly and easily than previously thought possible.
"The conventional wisdom about how a pricing initiative should play-out over time has become obsolete," said Rafe VanDenBerg, VP of Strategic Marketing. "For B2B companies, the standard crawl-walk-run approach for building pricing capability is no longer the only game in town, and advances in pricing technology now enable a more effective and efficient model. With the Better Prices Faster approach, companies benefit from faster time-to-value, less change-management, more organizational support, and ultimately more streamlined and efficient processes."
Better Prices Faster vs. Conventional Wisdom
The "standard" approach for pricing improvement in B2B often involves a significant upfront investment of time and resources to execute the organizational changes, process improvements, and skills enhancements that may result in more profitable prices, months or even years down the road.
In sharp contrast, the "Better Prices Faster" approach uses price optimization technology to make immediate improvements to the quality and accuracy of the price-points themselves, leveraging existing systems and processes wherever possible along the way. With a primary focus on getting better prices into the market as quickly as possible, the "Better Prices Faster" approach can quickly produce profitable results; increase overall momentum and support; reduce the need for complex process flows and approval loops; and minimize the disruption and upheaval associated with major organizational change.
When both approaches are compared, two major benefits standout and help to explain why the "Better Prices Faster" model has quickly become the new best-practice for pricing improvement in B2B:
- Enhanced Time-to-Value. The ability to generate profitable results in a much shorter time frame is certainly very appealing from an ROI perspective. But because pricing initiatives tend to lose momentum and support the longer they go on before generating results, this enhanced time-to-value also plays a significant role in ensuring the ongoing success of the entire effort.
- Reduced Change Management. The ability to sidestep much of the organizational pain associated with establishing and developing a capable centralized pricing team, fighting political battles over authority and discretion, dealing with workflow and approval issues, etc. is very appealing as these issues can turn into insurmountable barriers to achieving the objectives.
Learn More About the "Better Prices Faster" Approach
For B2B companies contemplating a pricing initiative, or trying to revitalize an ex-isting pricing initiative, the following educational resources are available to explain the "Better Prices Faster" approach in more detail, and expose the real-world results it's been able to produce for leading manufacturers and distributors:
- Video Overview of the Better Prices Faster approach explaining what it is, how and why it's different, and the benefits and results it affords customers.
- Whitepaper comparing the Better Prices Faster model to the conventional approach, side-by-side, and illustrating the key differences in the pricing processes that result from each
- Case Study demonstrating how $3.8 billion distributor generated 9 percent more margin-dollars in just four months with the "Better Prices Faster" approach, leveraging existing tools and processes wherever possible
- Case Study showing how another visionary distributor achieved 80 percent adoption and 12 percent more margin-dollars using the new approach to reduce organizational upheaval and change-management
To view these materials, please visit http://www.zilliant.com/betterpricesfaster.
To keep on top of Zilliant developments, news, events and happenings please subscribe to Zilliant's RSS Feed.
Zilliant is the leading provider of price optimization and margin management solutions for B2B manufacturing, distribution, high-tech, and industrial service companies. Zilliant uses existing transactional data to improve decisions across all facets of price analysis, price setting and execution. Zilliant helps companies achieve the best pricing possible on every deal, agreement, and price list, increasing profits by tens of millions of dollars. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Zilliant is a privately held company. Investors include Austin Ventures, Cardinal Ventures, Panorama Capital, and Trellis Partners. For more information contact Zilliant at 877.893.1085 or visit http://www.zilliant.com.