A pertinent architecture makes ZK elegant and easy to use, rendering application development effortless
(PRWEB) January 25, 2010
Potix today announced the availability of ZK 5, the latest release of its open source Ajax development framework. Since ZK was launched in 2005 it has amassed over one million downloads, is deployed in over 70 Fortune 500 companies, and is relied on by tens of thousands of developers in 190 countries around the world.
ZK is a leading open-source Ajax development framework designed to maximize an enterprise’s operational efficiency and minimize development time and cost. ZK provides developers with a true event-driven model facilitating simple and transparent development of rich internet applications using pure Java.
The biggest single innovation in ZK 5 is the introduction of the new groundbreaking architecture, Server+client Fusion. Server+client Fusion continues to provide the extreme productivity and security of event-driven server architecture that developers value, while enabling fine grained control at the client.
Core features include:
- Over 200 Ajax components, including enterprise favorites, portal management, charting and reports, sophisticated data views, and server-side validation
- Advanced MVC architecture including layout injection which decouples the model, view and controller in an elegant manner
- Robust security imparted by ZK’s architecture, such as no business logic exposure and attack prevention mechanisms
- Creation deference technology provides turbo performance and low memory usage for handling huge amounts of data
- Enterprise-grade scalability and clustering support
- ZUL markup language for rapid creation of rich user interfaces
- Data binding and annotations enable data access with no programming
- Server push technologies such as polling, piggybacking and Comet enable real-time status updates
- The event queue shields developers from the complexity of Ajax and server push
- Fully customize the look and feel using standard CSS and images
- Seamless integration with Spring, CDI, JPA, Hibernate, JSP, jQuery and many others
- Cross platform support including standard browsers, Java mobile, Blu-ray and Android
“It’s always our goal to continue improving ZK to create a framework which is even more graceful and productive. To this end we have introduced an innovative new architecture providing developers with more freedom and productivity than ever before.” said Tom Yeh, CEO of Potix. “A pertinent architecture makes ZK elegant and easy to use, rendering application development effortless.”
Timothy Clare (UTC +0h00)
ZK Technology Evangelist
+44 (0)161 408 6678
Potix Corporation develops and supports ZK, the #1 Ajax solution on SourceForge.net, the world's largest open source host.
Innovation is the most driving force behind Potix. Potix delivers the first Ajax framework to support Java and Android phones, the first embeddable Ajax spreadsheet, and the first to synergize the power of pure Java, markup and scripting languages.
ZK has more than 1,300,000 downloads since its first release in late 2005. ZK is deployed by a large number of Fortune Global 500 companies, including Deutsche Bank, Barclays, Sony, Sun Microsystems and Toyota, providing them with the ability to rapidly create rich Ajax enterprise level applications.
# # #