Erie, PA (Vocus) September 1, 2010
Zurn Industries, LLC will be holding a grand opening September 9th, 2010, from 3 p.m. until 7 p.m. at their new distribution facility, located at 37 Runway Rd, Levittown, PA.
On June 14, Zurn opened the doors to their new Inventory Distribution Facility. The new facility has a total footprint of 82,000 square feet. This change brings Zurn’s total inventory distribution footprint to over 1.7 million square feet in North America.
This facility will grow Zurn’s distribution in the Philadelphia area by nearly 70% and will increase Zurn’s service levels to their customer base in the Northeast and mid-Atlantic regions. The expanded warehouse facility will be set up around improved Customer Service, utilizing Lean Principles and will include:
- Final Assembly Cells - allowing Zurn to customize product to their customer specifications closest to the customer.
- Complete Training Facility - allowing Zurn to conduct training sessions with local engineers, contractors and distributors, which will include Zurn product displays, promotional items and literature.
- Improved Will Call Area - making customer pickup quicker and easier.
- Focused Customer Service Team - responding to the Voice of the Customer in the region.
- Expanded Stocking Position - the right product available at the right time in the right location for improved regional service.
- Efficient Operations - allowing Zurn to receive and ship product more efficiently with quicker customer response times.
Zurn is very excited about kicking off our distribution expansion with the grand opening of this Expanded Inventory Distribution Facility in Philadelphia, PA, and is eager to see the benefits it will bring to our customers. To learn more visit http://www.zurn.com.
Zurn Engineered Water Solutions, based in Erie, PA., offers a century-old tradition of high-quality products and customer service. Founded in 1900, Zurn was initially created to manufacture a patented backwater valve. Today, Zurn is the manufacturer of the largest breadth of engineered water solutions in the industry, including a wide-spectrum of sustainable plumbing products. For additional information on Zurn products, please visit http://www.zurn.com.