(PRWEB) July 17, 2004
Research and Markets announces the addition of "802.20: The Assessment of a Wide Area Data Opportunity" to its offerings.
Overall, the main audience for 802.20-based services will be mobile enterprise users, particularly for the early use of the technology, the first year after its commercial introduction in 2005. Forward-thinking mobile carriers throughout the world will utilize 802.20 technologies to offer these enterprise services on existing networks at this time.
Near late 2006 or early 2007, the mobile operators will use 802.20 to serve another developing mobile audience, high-end mobile consumers. If all goes well, the standard will be deployed as a wide area mobile data technology initially, with new applications such as real-time voice carriage near 2008, expected to follow. 802.20 products also provide a path to a pure IP network and will be used as a replacement to existing voice networks starting in 2008 or 2009.
This study examines the potential market for the 802.20 standard. Key target segments, such as mobile data as well as competitive platforms such as 3G and 802.16e, are looked at in depth. The study includes detailed analysis of the proprietary systems and the vendors that are poised to influence the standard while also discussing the technologies being considered for the standard.
Challenges to the standard are identified and assessed, as is the overall status of the wireless services and equipment markets in which 802.20 will play a role. It also quantifies the total market for mobile data users and revenues while clarifying the role of 802.20 in the larger wireless global scheme and breaking down the competing components of the standard.
Companies covered in this report include ArrayComm, Inc., Broadstorm, Flarion, IP Wireless, Inc., Navini Networks, and NextNet Wireless, Inc.
Questions Addressed in this report:
- Is 802.20 needed?
- How will 802.20 differ from existing wireless standards?
- What are the potential use scenarios for 802.20?
- What are the market opportunities for 802.20?
- What will be the impact of other wireless technologies (3G, 802.16e, proprietary technologies) upon 802.20?
- What business models will be considered?
- Where is mobile data a success and why?
- When is 802.20 product expected to ship?
- What is the available market for wireless data overall?
This report quantifies:
- 802.20 global user device shipments and revenues
- 802.20 global chipset shipments and revenues
- 802.20 global equipment contracts
- 802.20 global base station deployments
- Global wireless voice subscribers and revenues
- Global broadband wireless access subscribers and service revenues
- Global mobile internet users and service revenues
- Commercialization paths
For a complete index of this report click on http://www.researchandmarkets.com/reports/220198
About Research and Markets Ltd.
Research and Markets Ltd. are Europe's largest resource for market research. R&M distribute thousands of major research publications from the world's leading publishers, consultants and market analysts. R&M provide you with the latest forecasts on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest market trends.
For additional information on ResearchandMarkets.com, their range of reports or their value-added services, visit their web site at http://www.researchandmarkets.com or mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org