(PRWEB) July 17, 2004
Research and Markets announces the addition of "WCDMA: Promise of Success 2004" to its offerings.
Over 80,000 WCDMA base stations have already been deployed as of Q1 2004. To date, almost all of these deployments have occurred in Western Europe and Japan. The deployment rate for WCDMA base stations now runs at approximately 40,000 units per year. The base stations that are now deployed are based on WCDMA Release 99 of the UMTS (Universal Mobile Telecommunications System) specification with the exception of those installed by NTT DoCoMo.
The study examines the potential market for WCDMA equipment and services by geographic region. It intends to provide a realistic assessment of a technology that has traveled the spectrum of expectations. It evaluates the prospective strategies to migrate 2G users to 3G, the expected pace of these initiatives, and their corresponding impact upon the equipment markets.
The report assesses the remaining challenges facing WCDMA commercialization and their potential resolution. Competitive threats to WCDMA from technologies such as TD-SCDMA, 802.20, EDGE and CDMA are appraised as part of this competitive market. The report quantifies the total world market region for WCDMA subscribers, chipsets, handsets and infrastructure from 2003-2009 and the role that WCDMA will play in the overall wireless market.
Questions Addressed in this report:
- The impact of WCDMA within Europe and Japan
- The impact of WCDMA outside of Europe and Japan
- When WCDMA becomes a mainstream product
- The triggers for WCDMA adoption
- The strategies used to migrate 2G users to WCDMA
- The impact of other wireless technologies (802.20, CDMA2000, EDGE, TDSCDMA) on the role of WCDMA in the global market
- The role of WCDMA in the global wireless market
- The global market opportunity for WCDMA
This report quantifies
- WCDMA global handset shipments and revenues
- WCDMA global handset chipset shipments and revenues
- WCDMA global subscribers and service revenues
- WCDMA global base station shipments and revenues
- WCDMA annual global base station deployments
- Commercialization paths
- Carrier strategies
- Pace of adoption
- Remaining challenges
- Competitive threats
For a complete index of this report click on http://www.researchandmarkets.com/reports/220199
About Research and Markets Ltd.
Research and Markets Ltd. are Europe's largest resource for market research. R&M distribute thousands of major research publications from the world's leading publishers, consultants and market analysts. R&M provide you with the latest forecasts on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest market trends.
For additional information on ResearchandMarkets.com, their range of reports or their value-added services, visit their web site at http://www.researchandmarkets.com or mailto:email@example.com