Wellington, New Zealand (PRWEB) January 20, 2005
C-Search brings for the first time web crawling techniques to the IBM Lotus Domino domain allowing organizations to build a fast and lightweight searchable index of quality materials.
Unlike web crawlers however, C-Search has a built in design and location awareness of the databases in the domain.
C-Search is ideal for medium and large size organizations with multiple servers but itÂs friendly search interface is equally suitable for smaller environments. Users can search multiple Domino databases simultaneously and results can be sorted and refined as required.
Being a distributed index, C-Search brings awareness of information to users at all locations regardless of where the source materials actually reside.
Index contents can be configured to meet specific business requirements so the index can be as small or as large as required. Indexing responsibilities can be spread across many servers offering local search facilities and removing the need for a dedicated centralized search server. C-Search does not rely upon any external index such as DominoÂs own Domain Index.
C-Search offers for following functionality and features:
- A distributed index offering local search facilities and built in redundancy
- Ability to precisely define index contents
- Configurable search results views
- Location awareness (ensures users are routed to nearest source materials)
- Respect for database and document level security (even roles in Reader/Authors fields)
- Administration console with full event logging
- Individual database management
- Open source search forms
- Fully integrated monitor for Domino.Doc and Document Manager libraries
- Attachment awareness
- System notifications
- Browser and Notes Client support
- Simple and advanced search screens
- Ability to sort and refine results
- Ability to launch attachments from results pages (whether they are part of the C-Search index or not)
- Open host database from the result set
- Read document summaries locally before opening source documents
- Step through document summaries without losing focus on result set underneath
- Popup of document descriptions from results screens (IE only)
- Support for user favourites
- Built in RSS News reader
C-Search is entirely Domino based and will run on any Domino server (R5.01 or later). No external DLLs or APIs are needed.
C-Search is licensed to a domain and can be installed on any number of servers in that domain. This makes C-Search the most cost effective way of searching the Domino domain.
For additional information, visit http://www.c-search.co.nz.
About C-Search Limited
C-Search Limited is an IBM Advanced Business Partner specializing in document management and search solutions. The company also offer C-Search for Domino.Doc, the application that allows users to search multiple Domino.Doc libraries simultaneously. The C-Search product also includes all of the functionality provided by C-Search for Domino.Doc. C-Search has been awarded the Runs with Lotus Domino accreditation by IBM.
# # #