Cranston, Rhode Island (PRWEB) August 31, 2005
Federal Electronics, a leading provider of electronics manufacturing services, has introduced a fully integrated manufacturing solution that uniquely combines four key electronics production processes -- fiber interconnect, copper interconnect, mixed technology printed circuit board assembly (PCBA), and high-level assembly and test.
The solution is ideal for original equipment manufacturers (OEM) seeking high-mix, high-complexity, low-volume production of electronic components and assemblies.
ÂBy bringing together these vertically integrated processes under one roof, Federal is uniquely positioned to offer a comprehensive manufacturing solution that accelerates velocity to market and mitigates the risk associated with an extended, multi-layered supply chain,Â said Ed Evangelista, vice president, Federal Electronics. ÂThe net effect of these unified services is a significant reduction in cost through the elimination of the margin stack-up associated with less vertically integrated EMS providers, plus an increase in both flexibility and responsiveness.Â
Federal's fully integrated solution is particularly well suited for companies manufacturing products in the following industries:
- Medical devices
- Homeland security
- Semiconductor capital equipment
- Industrial automation
ÂCompanies developing and manufacturing complex electronic products that require cable and fiber optic assemblies, surface mount and printed through-hole circuit boards, and functionally tested higher level assemblies will reap significant benefits with our new solution,Â said Evangelista. ÂSince we control all facets of material acquisition and the production process through a robust ERP system, we can quickly identify and eliminate bottlenecks as they occur, insuring alignment with our customers' demand requirements. In addition, the consolidation of these manufacturing services in one facility results in a significantly higher level of flexibility when responding to our customers' demand fluctuations and new product introduction initiatives,Â he said.
Federal's new solution includes:
- Product documentation, development, and maintenance
- Development and implementation of functional test solutions for higher level assembly product
- Engineering services to convert PCBA's from leaded to lead-free processes
- Surface mount technology that processes ÂµBGA and 0201 to 2-inch square components
- A wide array of fiber optic interconnect technologies, including standard connector formats (FC, SC, ST, LC, multi-fiber, etc) plus custom assemblies with non-standard connectors for medical applications
- bHarness assemblies consisting of up to 2,000 connection points. Fully tested hybrid configurations are available, incorporating fiber optic, copper, and/or pneumatic cable and tubing
About Federal Electronics
Founded in 1948, Federal Electronics, Inc. is a leading electronics manufacturing services provider. Based in Cranston, Rhode Island, the company serves the needs of original equipment manufacturers by providing comprehensive production solutions that lower cycle times, control and reduce costs, and create flexible supply chains that are responsive to volume variability. For more information, visit http://www.federalelec.com.