Minneapolis, MI (PRWEB) October 12, 2005
A new book will honor those who saved the lives of animals in the Hurricanes Katrina and Rita crises, place attention on organizations that regularly bring pets together with human families and rescue farm, feral, and wild animals, and present heartwarming people-pet reunion stories from the hurricane evacuations. Best-selling authors Allen and Linda Anderson are looking for people to interview for “Rescued: Saving Animals from Disaster.” The book is scheduled to be published by New World Library on the first anniversary of Hurricane Katrina in 2006. The publisher and authors are donating a portion of the book’s proceeds to nonprofit animal rescue organizations.
The book will:
- Honor individuals and organizations that rescue domestic, farm, feral, and wild animals,
- Encourage readers to support non-profit animal rescue organizations with donations and volunteerism,
- Show how volunteers are trained to rescue animals and what motivates them,
- Feature inspiring rescue/reunion stories from Hurricane Katrina,
- Provide examples, challenging situations, and success stories showing the variety and scope of year-round animal rescue and reunion efforts,
- Contain a section on how to prepare family pets for disaster and evacuation,
- Offer information about the need for a change in rescue policies so domestic, farm, and wild animals are not abandoned in disaster evacuations and people are not separated from their pets.
People who would like to be interviewed about any of the above aspects of animal rescue and reunion can send leads to the Andersons by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 952-925-3309, or post mail to Angel Animals Network, POB 26354, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55426.
Allen Anderson says about the couple’s next book, “There is an underground world of animal rescuers that most people don’t even know exists, yet their stories and experiences are remarkable. These generous souls do good work everyday -- bringing joy, comfort, and compassion to people and animals. Many of them have had their resources depleted after the recent hurricanes. We hope our new book, “Rescued: Life-changing Stories of Saving Animals from Disaster,” will draw positive public attention and help these organizations find volunteers and donors so they can continue serving, as they now do, so unselfishly.”
In 1996, Allen and Linda Anderson co-founded the Angel Animals Network and its free online “Angel Animals Story of the Week” at http://www.angelanimals.net. They are authors of a successful series of books about the beneficial relationships between humans and animals. The couple has over 100,000 books in print. Several have made best-seller lists and are selections of Book of the Month Club book clubs. Their books have been featured on national wire services, in United Kingdom media, on The Today Show, ABC Nightly News, and numerous radio and television programs, including The Montel Show. They received the Governor's Award for contributions in creativity to the State of Minnesota. The Andersons' publisher, New World Library, publishes Deepak Chopra, Mother Teresa, Eckhart Tolle (The Power of Now), Susan Chernak McElroy, and authors whose books change lives.
The Andersons most recent releases are “Angel Dogs, Divine Messengers of Love,” an anthology of inspiring stories about courageous and loyal dogs with a foreword by Willard Scott, and “Rainbows & Bridges: An Animal Companion Memorial Kit” to aid individuals and families dealing with pet loss.
# # #