Burlington, MA (PRWEB) October 31, 2005
Astaro Corporation will hold an informational seminar on computer security for network administrators, IT managers and media.
What: The What and How of Internet, Email and Network Security
When: Thursday, November 10 from 10:00 to 11:30AM
Where: Astaro Corporation
3 New England Executive Park, Burlington, MA
Discussion with Jan Hichert, CEO of Astaro, will include:
- What to expect from the ever-growing threats to computer security;
- The complexity of managing multiple protections versus an "all-in-one" approach;
- How to handle specific types of threats - spam, hacking, viruses, spyware and more;
- Identifying and preventing an attack;
- Content filtering do's and don't;
- A live, interactive demonstration of and Q&A on effective computer security.
"IT administrators are well aware that prevention is key to keeping their networks safe, but it isn't always clear how best to do it," said Jan Hichert. "We plan to explain the basics of protecting email, Internet and network connections, dispel some myths and advise how best to take advantage of the security solutions out there."
About Astaro - http://www.astaro.com
Astaro Corporation is headquartered in Burlington, Mass. and Karlsruhe, Germany. The Astaro Security Gateway has won numerous industry awards, and is protecting over 25,000 networks in 60 countries, including such companies as Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Los Alamos National Labs, Stanford University and Watsco, Inc. Astaro products are distributed by a worldwide network of 450 solutions partners who offer local support and services.
Baker Communications Group, LLC
# # #