A DoDAF-compliant Metis-based EA gives technology and business groups within the military a powerful collaborative tool for rapidly advancing their business-centric IT initiatives and minimizing costs to meet mission needs.
Austin, TX (PRWEB) November 29, 2005
OMAHA, NEBRASKA, CISA World Wide Conference --November 29, 2005 -- Troux Technologies, the global leader in IT Governance and Enterprise Architecture solutions, today announced significantly improved support for DoDAF products in its Metis Desktop 5.1 for DoDAF (Department of Defense Architecture Framework) Template 1.1. With the new DoDAF implementation, leveraging the award-winning visual modeling platform Metis by Troux, enterprise architects in the DoD and systems integration firms can more cost effectively build systems that achieve interoperability across DoD groups. This improves decision making, promotes resource efficiency, and reduces operational costs.
Highlights of the announcement include an SV8 living timeline, 'capability' object types integrated into the underlying metamodel for improved warfighter support, and standardized reference models that are reusable across multiple architectures.
“With our expanded set of Metis client tools for DoDAF, we provide rich EA support for IT and business decision makers in the DoD as they fulfill their missions to support and properly arm and enable warfighters,” said Pat Motola, president of Troux Technologies. “A DoDAF-compliant Metis-based EA gives technology and business groups within the military a powerful collaborative tool for rapidly advancing their business-centric IT initiatives and minimizing costs to meet mission needs.”
“Delivering services and capabilities to the warfighter quickly and efficiently have always been driving goals,” said John M. Gilligan, VP, Deputy Director, Defense Sector, SRA International, Inc. (NYSE: SRX). “Today there is an accelerating urgency -- fueled by DoD’s network-centric transformation objectives -- to develop and field new capabilities faster, fully interoperable, highly secure and reliable, and to do this more cost effectively. Actionable Enterprise Architectures are fundamental to achieving these imperatives, and our architects need significantly improved tools to meet these growing challenges. We are very encouraged that Troux is responding aggressively to provide enhanced capabilities for creating and integrating architectures.”
The Metis Desktop 5.1 for DoDAF Template 1.1, provides extensive automation of data collection and reporting with optimized output for appropriate stakeholders. Other key features include:
- System Evolution Description (SV8) support. The Metis Desktop 5.1 for DoDAF Template 1.1 is the only EA tool on the market that can provide a ‘living timeline’ summary depicting interrelationships of multiple systems and component parts, and highlighting major milestones as a system evolves over time. The SV8 timeline enables DoD architects and systems integration partners visually to display the progress of a system or architecture, rather than simply check off a box to indicate completion of discrete events.
- Operational capabilities as objects. The Metis DoDAF-compliant metamodel provides an object type for operational capabilities. As a result, DoDAF services and capabilities needed by the warfighter aid in identifying potential gaps as well as unnecessary redundancies.
- Architecture reuse through broad support for DoD reference models and guidance documents. The new offering supports many of the DoD reference models, including the Technical Reference Model (TRM) and the DoD IT Standards Registry (DISR), as well as other FEA-style reference models. Supported DoD guidance documents include UJTLs (universal joint task lists), METLs (mission-essential task list) and associated tasks mapped to operational architecture constructs.
Other DoD-oriented products and services from Troux
In addition to its new Metis Desktop 5.1 for DoDAF Template 1.1, Troux is showcasing a variety of other DoD-oriented products and services at CISA. These include:
- Metis Data Import Facility (DIF)
- DoDAF Planning Methodology from Troux Solutions Group
- Data collection services from Troux Solutions Group
About Troux Technologies
Troux Technologies (pronounced “true”) is a global provider of IT Governance software that accelerates IT and business transformation. Troux’s IT Governance solutions enable organizations to strategically plan the enterprise, capture and analyze critical IT and business data and deliver actionable decisions to transform the business. Troux’s breakthrough technology provides the enterprise-class information, policies, and analytics critical for IT excellence. With Troux, organizations succeed in breaking the traditional IT silos and effectively aligning IT with core business goals.
Copyright 2005 Troux Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. Troux and Metis by Troux are trademarks of Troux Technologies, Inc. All other company and product names mentioned are used only for identification and may be trademarks of their respective companies.
Visit Troux at the CISA World Wide Conference - Winter 2005
November 28 to December 1
For Commercial Inquiries:
Julie Keyser-Squires, APR
47 67 83 10 00
# # #