Mountain View, CA (PRWEB) February 2, 2006
Pittsburgh Steelers fans can enjoy their parties Sunday afternoon, because their hometown team is going to win 34-23 in a high-scoring shootout over the Seattle Seahawks in this year’s Super Bowl. Early predictions from the majority of members of the free national online sports picks contest PicksPal.com also indicate Pittsburgh will come up big on defense and even run a trick play, as the outrageous props on the site continue to grow in popularity.
Other notable early returns from the PicksPal.com membership indicate:
- Ben Roethlisberger is going to outplay Matt Hasselbeck – Roethlisberger will complete more passes, according to 80 percent of PicksPal.com members.
- The game will get off to a quick start with 84 percent of PicksPal.com members picking a score in the first five minutes of the game.
- Look for the bomb – A whopping 90 percent believe there will be a TD pass play of more than 35 yards.
- The Steel Curtain is back – The Steelers will have more sacks than the Seahawks, according to 75 percent of PicksPal.com members.
- Watch for the trick play – Look for someone other than Big Ben to attempt a pass for the Steelers, according to 83 percent of PicksPal.com members.
- Expect plenty of turnovers – PicksPal.com members predict there will be more turnovers than usual.
- Buy plenty of chips – Expect a long game as there will be a ton of pass attempts and turnovers so there will be lots of opportunities for the network to run all those ads.
- Speaking of ads – a deafening 95 percent expect The King to dance in the end zone in the Burger King ad.
PicksPal.com members already showcased their superior sports knowledge during the Conference Championships, accurately picking the outcomes, over/under spreads, and a majority of the props using current pro football odds featured on the free sports picks site.
This week, PicksPal.com players are playing for a big screen flat panel HDTV, which is the grand prize for the site’s Blowout Contest this week. PicksPal.com usually rewards its weekly winners with prizes such as iPods and portable DVD players, but the site has made its prize bigger this week for the biggest sporting event of the year.
If PicksPal.com players are right again, the black and gold will shine once more. Apparently the 12th man in Seattle hasn’t gotten around to PicksPal.com yet.
PicksPal.com is a free, national online contest to find the best sports pickers. Members compete in the weekly game, earning points by picking real events based on real odds. Members play on their favorite sports, including football, basketball, hockey, baseball, golf, boxing, cycling, motor sports. At the end of the week, the members accumulating the most points win prizes.
# # #