Orlando, FL (PRWEB) February 22, 2006
At the Photo Marketing Association's (PMA) annual conference, SeeFile will be showing a major upgrade to their software package, fulfilling on a promise to improve often and well a product that was deemed best of show last year by, among others Joe Farace of Shutterbug and Liz Cunningham of Cygnus Publications.
The Macintosh-based software is aimed at photographers, designers, and smaller graphic arts shops looking for a way to promote their work and interact with customers on the Internet. Traditional solutions to this problem have cost as much as $50,000. The SeeFile 2.0 system is being shown in booth 3280 at PMA at a complete price of only $995, including hardware that puts a Web server on an affordable platform. Once plugged in, it provides instant Web access for any images stored on the system.
“SeeFile is a photo gallery / ftp site / email program all in one,” according to Joel Butkowski, principal of Butkowski Digital Imaging, “and a central point for clients to communicate with me on their own time schedule while I’m off to the next shoot.” A commercial photographer, Joel is such a fan of SeeFile that he will be in the booth in Orlando on Sunday and Monday to show his files and talk about how he uses it. He continues, "It’s a phenomenal delivery system. No more burning CD’s or overnight shipping. With my images stored at high resolution, the client downloads files at their convenience. Within minutes after shooting I have them on-line. Plus, this gives me an e-mail trail of work requests because comments are attached to the images. Photographers are struggling to master a digital workflow and need to get paid for retouching. SeeFile leaves a record for my billing."
"Our customers are keeping control of their images and tracking both usage and change requests." notes SeeFile President Sam Bogoch. "Our aim is to keep the product easy to use and constantly improve it. With SeeFile 2.0 we have added twenty features our users were asking for.”
New SeeFile 2.0 Features...
1) pop-up Picklist window for selects
2) EXIF and IPTC header support
3) Adobe Bridge/XMP metadata support
4) Flash-based portfolio presentations
5) list view display mode
6) side-by-side lightbox display mode
7) user-defined sharing of collections
8) user-selectable display order
9) popup value lists for metadata fields
10) streamlined new user interface
11) complex, multi-variable searches
12) Spotlight server search supported
13) metadata export for archiving
14) color-coded shared selects for up to 7 users
15) batch import of groups, users
16) quick transition to image preview
17) drag-resizable message area
18) support for multiple languages in user interface
19) custom user interface “skins”
20) multi-resolution file repurposing
Special Mac mini Bundle...
SeeFile and its dealers worldwide are pre-installing the software on Mac mini systems and delivering the turnkey solution to customers. For PC-based networks, the Mac mini offers a simple solution that can be easily used to host the SeeFile software. Clients can access the website from any platform. The bundled solution is selling for just $995 at the PMA show.
SeeFile LLC is an independent software company based in Boston, Massachusetts. Its CEO, Sam Bogoch, was previously CEO of Torque Systems, a systems integrator for the graphic arts. SeeFile can be reached on the web, via email or by phone.