London, UK (PRWEB) May 9, 2006
According to recent statistics over 73 percent of all adults in the United Kingdom now use the Internet on a regular basis. Which means if you are in business then you cannot afford not to have a Web site.
However, finding the right Web site designer is like trying to find a needle in a haystack - literally! Try typing into Google ‘Web site design’ and you will be faced with over a million entries.
Website design Kent have compiled the top five things you need to consider if you are a small business looking to own a Web site for the first time. They are:
1. Look around - No doubt many of your clients/suppliers/friends have Web sites. Take some time to check them out. Look at the design and layout - is it confusing? Is it clear what is being communicated? Are the colours and text appealing to the eye? Does it make you want to get in touch? After all, the whole point of a business web site is to get people to buy something! If the Web site design doesn’t persuade you to do just that it isn’t doing its job!
2. Ask around - As you check out other sites make a note of any Web site designers you like. They are usually found right at the bottom of the page, sometimes with a link to their own site. Ask your clients about any that interest you - what were they like to work with? Were they able to work quickly without costing the earth? Were they as passionate about your project as you are?
3. Check the Small Print! - All too often we hear of businesses who have been ripped off by Web site design companies who charge fees for everything. What might at first seem like a bargain can easily end up costing much more than you anticipated. Many Web site designers charge for every single change - this includes text updates, adding new pictures or even changing a telephone number. Make sure you have a clear understanding of what you are getting before you hand over any cash.
4. If you build it they might not come - It’s no use owning a shop in the wrong part of town, or on an industrial estate where no one goes. It’s the same with a Web site. Once you have built it you need people to see it. That is done through both online and offline marketing. Make sure your Web site is optimised for search engines, and you also have an effective search engine marketing campaign.
5. Do it NOW! - It takes time to build a good Web site. It takes even longer for search engines to see your Web site - sometimes as long as three months. Google tends to rate older sites higher than newer sites so what are you waiting for?
Website design Kent is a Web site design company based in Kent. They serve customers based all over the UK and worldwide and specialise in search engine optimisation. Clients have included Spanish Property, Virgin, Winston’s Wish and Magicthejobdone. For more information call 0870 285 1577.