The introduction of VoIP, wireless telephony, WiFi, broadband and numerous other technologies makes it difficult for administrators to adapt and integrate these technologies on campus
Boston, Mass. (PRWEB) May 15, 2006 –
MobileSphere, a leading provider of global communications solutions, today announced the launch of MobileU™ (http://www.mobile-u.net), providing a host of next-generation communications services for college and university students, faculty and staff available in one complete, cost-effective package. MobileU provides multiple communications services, including highly cost-effective domestic and international long distance from a residence hall and international long distance from any cell phone, prepaid mobile phone service, free domestic text messaging, international text messaging and more.
For university administrators, MobileU eliminates the need to engage in the lengthy process of securing new business partners as technologies continue to emerge in student communications services. MobileU can be hosted on a university’s website and fully-integrated with other student service offerings, or a university can put a direct link to MobileU from their website.
“The introduction of VoIP, wireless telephony, WiFi, broadband and numerous other technologies makes it difficult for administrators to adapt and integrate these technologies on campus,” commented Mark Allen director of marketing at MobileSphere. “Mobilizing universities across the country, we aim to solve that problem by providing all communications services in a complete package. Additionally, by effectively implementing new technologies, MobileSphere provides revenue-enhancing and cost reduction solutions to the myriad of student and administrative communications challenges facing institutions today.”
MobileSphere currently works with over twenty major university partners across the country to provide its portfolio of communications services to both large public institutions and small private colleges, reaching over 450,000 students nationwide. MobileU’s complete portfolio of communications services conveniently offered from a single site includes:
- CellularLD™ - allows international dialing from any cell phone at significantly reduced rates.
- UTalk™ - provides highly-competitive residential long distance and international calling, enabling students, faculty and staff to place low-cost, prepaid domestic and international long distance calls from a residence hall, office, cell phone and any off-campus phone throughout the continental United States.
- Prepaid Mobile - provides prepaid mobile service, phones and SIM cards.
- PeakAir™ - allows students, faculty and staff to be reached on-campus using a single, virtual number. Find-me, follow-me service to a cell, residential or other phone is available and can be managed online. All incoming calls are free and do not use valuable cellular peak airtime.
- Joopz™ - a revolutionary SMS solution that enables students to send free text messages from a PC to a mobile phone and back. Students can set reminders and create group (up to 20 people) SMS messages.
"We have successfully partnered with MobileSphere for over a year, and our student customers have benefited from reliable, high quality, efficient service and competitive international rates,” stated Michael A. Brzezinski, Ed.D., Director, International Students and Scholars at Purdue University. “I highly recommend MobileSphere to U.S. colleges and universities looking for a long distance calling option for their students.”
The MobileU site is available at: http://www.mobile-u.net.
Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, MobileSphere has been a leading provider of global wireless communications solutions since 2001. Utilizing its patent-pending softswitch technology, coupled with its global Tier 1 network, MobileSphere provides its customers with innovative, highly-competitive, market-proven solutions. Serving customers worldwide, the company uniquely focuses on the international long distance needs of mobile virtual network operators (MVNOs), wireless carriers, medium-to-large enterprises, universities and consumers. MobileSphere’s services include CarrierILD™ for MVNOs, CellularLD™ for consumers and small businesses and MobileU™ for universities and educational institutions. MobileSphere is a member of the Association for Communications Technology Professionals in Higher Education (ACUTA). For more information, visit http://www.mobile-sphere.com.
All trademarks are recognized.