Toronto, Canada (PRWEB) September 19, 2006
Data loss is something most computer users can identify with. An accidental press of the ‘delete’ button, burnt-out computers, viruses, damaged hardware, theft, natural disasters…the list goes on. Facing the loss of hundreds of hours of hard work, business files, personal papers, or photos, is something computer users would prefer to avoid. However, many users believe it will never happen to them, and learn the hard way.
Don’t leave yourself or your business vulnerable to data loss. By following these 5 simple steps, you’ll always ensure your data is secure:
1. STORE ALL DATA IN ONE PLACE
- Use the ‘My Documents’ folder and preferably keep it on a separate disk partition
- Be organized and use a consistent folder structure
2. BACKUP DAILY WITH AN AUTOMATED BACKUP TOOL
- Monthly backups are better than nothing, but how much can you lose between infrequent backups?
- If you forget to do something, will your backup still happen?
- Remember: hard disks can fail without notice
3.DON'T FORGET YOUR EMAIL
- Do you know where your email file is kept?
- Restoring email data can sometimes be difficult
4. TEST YOUR BACKUP FREQUENTLY
- Did you select all the folders you need to backup?
- Have you tried restoring your data?
5. STORE BACKUP DATA IN A GEOGRAPHICALLY REMOTE LOCATION
- If you are affected by a disaster, will your backup vendor also be affected?
- Keep copies of your software CDs and license keys
- How can you access your data in an emergency?
According to Peter Carroll, Chief Technology Officer, Data Deposit Box, “Computer users should also remember to back up their PCs and not just the servers. If you have a traveling executive with a laptop, they are also traveling with data stored on their local hard disk. Most IT departments do not have a solution in place to backup mobile workers. With online backup it’s a slam dunk.”
Data Deposit Box™ is an easy to use online backup service enabling everyday PC computer users to easily backup, restore, access, and share their data online.
Once installed, Data Deposit Box continuously monitors your selected folders looking for changes. When a change is detected, it is immediately extracted, compressed, encrypted, and then securely transferred to our secure online backup data center.
Data Deposit Box™ provides:
- Quick and easy set up and fully automatic
- Remote access to data with web file sharing
- Bank grade encryption keeps your data safe and secure
- An affordable pricing structure: 1¢/megabyte/month – pay only for what you use.
About Data Deposit Box™:
Data Deposit Box™ is an easy to use online backup solution enabling everyday PC users to backup, restore, and share information online. Data Deposit Box™ was designed to be used by everyday computer users without the benefit of an IT support staff.
The Data Deposit Box™ service is sold through Resellers and Channel Partners in addition to being offered direct to the public. Partners such as Internet Service Providers, Value Added Resellers and PC Consultants are able to bring a fully brandable turn-key online backup service to market quickly with a minimal capital investment. For more information about the Data Deposit Box™ Partner Program, please visit http://www.datadepositbox.com