Minneapolis, MN (PRWEB) January 5, 2007
Poker Academy, the leading poker software developer of Texas Hold'em training products in the world (http://www.Poker-Academy.com), today announced that Maximum PC posted a review of Poker Academy Pro in the magazine's December 2006 issue. The verdict: a 9 out of 10.
According to writer Will Smith, "By pitting you against several different types of bots with a wide variety of strategies and skill levels, PA Pro succeeds where many other poker games fail. You can actually pick up skills and improve your game playing against these opponents ... the most realistic, convincing bots we've played against."
To read the full review, please visit http://www.MaximumPC.com and do a keyword search for "poker academy pro."
Top five comments of the review for in-game play include:
1. With hyper-advanced computer opponents, Poker Academy Pro gives you a place to hone your strategies that won't cost you a cent, beyond the price of the game.
2. Test new maneuvers, tweak your play style and perfect your tournament techniques without risking your bankroll.
3. PA Pro includes the most realistic, convincing bots we've played against. The game uses several "dumb" situational bots, which follow a fixed set of rules, as well as learning bots, which study your play style and adjust their strategies to take advantage of your weaknesses.
4. PA Pro will challenge you more the more you play, and you'll face a good mix of competent, crazy, and skilled players every time you load a table or tournament.
5. Learn how to exploit the bots' strategies at the same time they adapt to yours.
Top five comments of the review for online gameplay include:
1. Once you feel confident in your game, you can go online and play against other Poker Academy owners.
2. While we don't typically encourage playing for virtual money, because of the bad habits and loose calls it encourages, we make an exception for PA online.
3. The people playing spend real cash to access the service; they're playing to learn and to improve their real-world game. In order to participate in the serious tournaments and ring games, you've got to buy in using Poker Academy Credits (PAX). The only way to get PAX is to finish in the money in one of the frequent "freeroll" no-limit tournaments. By using the PAX system, you can practice building and protecting your poker bankroll, just as you would with real cash.
4. PA Pro keeps a detailed history of every hand you (and your opponents) play. With complete details--including winners, losers, bets, raises, folds, and the cards you see.
5. The app also analyzes your play, making it easy for you to tell if your actions line up with your intended strategy.
"We are very pleased with the portrayal of Poker Academy Pro in the Maximum PC review," said Kurt Lange, president of Poker Academy Software. "In particular, we appreciate Will's comments about PA Online. More than a place to hone your Texas Hold'em skills against other Poker Academy players, this is our digital community. We encourage Texas Hold'em players from around the world to check it out and see what a tremendous resource it can be in taking your game to the next level."
About Poker Academy
Poker Academy is the leading Texas Holdem poker software developer. Poker Academy develops the world's most advanced Texas Holdem poker game and training tool, utilizing world renowned artificial intelligence developed over 10 years. Poker Academy software is designed to help players learn, adapt and improve their poker skills at any level. Poker Academy games include no limit, limit, ring and tournament play along with many tools to analyze a player's game. Poker Academy also has an online poker community for players to test their skills against other Poker Academy players. Poker Academy is headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta, and has U.S. offices in Minnetonka, MN. For more details, please visit http://www.poker-academy.com .