The site was started accidentally
Plymouth, MA (PRWEB) March 16, 2007
A popular St. Maarten website is poised to give away nine weeks of St. Maarten vacations when it reaches two million site visits this year.
Everythingstmaarten.com website owner Jeff Berger said today that the website will give away nine one-week vacations -- four of them going to one top winner along with many other prizes to celebrate the site topping two million visitors this year.
Anyone can win, Berger says, and no purchase is necessary. A complete prize list and rules are posted online at http://www.everythingstmaarten.com. The list of prizes to be given away in celebration of the two-millionth visit is impressive. It includes one-week vacations at:
- Summit Resort Hotel in the Cupecoy / Mullet Bay Area
- Divi Little Bay Beach Hotel, Little Bay
- Club Orient Naturist Resort, Orient Beach
- Vista Royale Villa at Monte Vista
- Villa Bleu de Mer at Guana Bay
- Casa Boco Villa at Burgeaux Bay
- Villa Seawatch at Dawn Beach Estates
- Villa Tranquille, Grand Case
- Sunset Breezes Villa at Monte Vista
Among other prizes are:
- All-Day Sail For Two To Tintamarre Aboard The Celine
- Dinner for Two at Spiga Restaurant, Grand Case
- St. Maarten Day Sail Aboard Brazilian Nuts
- Dinner for Two at Daniel's By The Sea, Dawn Beach
- Day Sail for Two To St. Barths Aboard The Swaliga
- Dinner for Two at Le Moulin Fou, Maho Beach
- Jewelry Gift Certificate from DK Gems
- Breakfast or Lunch for Two at Mr. Busby's Beach Bar, Dawn Beach
- Jewelry Gift Certificate from Zhaveri Jewelers
- Dinner for Two at Stone Restaurant, Simpson Bay
- One-hour Massage by Tricia Altenau
- Dinner for Two at Pineapple Pete's Restaurant, Simpson Bay
- Dinner for Two At La Gondola Restaurant, Atlantis Casino
- Dinner for Two at Jimbo's Rock & Blues Cafe, Plaza Del Lago, Dutch Side
- Dinner for Two at Le Montmartre Parisian Bistro, Atlantis Casino
- Dinner for Two at Valentino's Italian Bistro, Plaza Del Lago, Dutch Side
- $75 Food or Beverage Gift Certificate from Le Grand Marche Market
- $100 Off One-Week Car Rental from Tropical-Tropicana Car Rental
- Dinner for Two at La Veranda Restaurant, Great House, Pelican Resort
- Dinner for Two at Trattoria Pizza Pasta, Maho Plaza
- Renewal of Vows On The Beach from St. Maarten Beach Weddings
- Gold and Silver Island Necklace from Caribbean Folly
- A Large Pizza from Domino's in Simpson Bay
- Autographed Copy of West Of The Equator (a copy goes to all winners)
- Dinner for two at Ric's Place in Simpson Bay
- A hand-hewn wooden bowl custom made for you the top winner by Taylor Ledden, "Turnings by Ledden"
- Manicure or Pedicure from Marie Antoinette's Hairlusions in Simpson Bay
- Many other prizes
Contest rules and details are posted at http://www.everythingstmaarten.com.
"The site was started accidentally," proclaims Jeff Berger of Plymouth, Massachusetts, who started the St. Maarten / St. Martin sites in 1996. Berger posted a brief story about St. Maarten on his business website in 1996 as a writing sample.
"When the search engines kicked in, off it went. We initially had perhaps two dozen hits a week, but now we're getting about ten thousand a week. The site has a significant impact on the St. Maarten and St. Martin businesses it mentions."
In late 2006, the site gave away a two-week vacation at The Summit Resort on St. Maarten and at the Holland House Beach Hotel to celebrate it reaching 1.5-million visitors. This time, the prize list is far longer. "We decided approaching two million visits this soon after hitting 1.5-million last fall was worthy of a really huge celebration." All prizes are donated in return for mentions on the websites.
Berger's website contains detailed island information and is updated daily. Berger also publishes a free weekly newsletter about the island, published every Monday, as well as a newsletter about the island's many timesharing resorts. His site also now includes dozens of discount coupons for island attractions, restaurants, jewelry stores, boat trips, etc.
JMB Communications, which operates everythingstmaarten.com, provides marketing counsel and related strategic public relations and marketing services to many high-profile companies worldwide including International Business Machines Corporation, Samsonite Corporation, Texas Instruments, Compaq Computer, and others.
# # #