Norwood, MA (PRWEB) June 7, 2007
Advanced Instruments and its subsidiaries, Spiral Biotech and Delta Instruments, will highlight a wide range of leading dairy and food products testing and analysis solutions, and present the results of two new studies, at the 2007 IFT (Institute of Food Technologists) Annual Meeting & Food Expo Advance Program.
"The solutions range from the introduction of a revolutionary automation system for dairy herd improvement labs to the world's only 3-minute fluorometric method with multiple international agency approvals - and more," said Ken Micciche, director of marketing at Advanced Instruments. "All however, lead the industry in their respective applications. In terms of accuracy, reliability, efficiency, ease of use, and customer support, Advanced Instruments products are proven solutions."
In addition, as part of the Expo's Scientific Technical Program, Advanced Instruments will present the results of two new cryoscopy-focused studies during the scheduled Poster Sessions:
- The session titled "The Effect of Bronopol on the Freezing Point and Impedance of Milk Samples" will focus on the results of a study designed to quantify the effect of adding a preservative to a milk sample to be tested cryoscopically, and
- The session titled "The Effect of Raw Milk Storage Conditions on Freezing Point Depression, pH, and Impedance" will detail the findings of a study to show the effects that storage conditions have on FPD, pH, and impedance of raw milk.
Advanced Instruments will showcase the following solutions and systems in exhibit number 3074 at IFT 2007:
- The new CombiScope™ AutoLab™, the dairy industry's first solution that fully automates the entire dairy herd improvement (DHI) or payment lab sampling and analysis process from start to finish. The CombiScope AutoLab consists of a RAM Mechanical industrial robot/sample preparation system and two Delta Instruments CombiScope Analyzers. The automation provides consistent, reliable sample preparation and handling. The CombiScope AutoLab's robotic arm loads raw milk samples into a tray, for transport by conveyor to the CombiScope sample pipette for precise component analysis and high-speed somatic cell counting. The CombiScope performs precise component analysis and high-speed somatic cell counting. The innovative solution sets a new standard of excellence and benefits for DHIAs, their patrons, payment labs and the industry. Available from Delta Instruments. http://www.deltainstruments.com.
- The Fluorophos® Test System, the company's rapid, extremely sensitive fluorimetric method that delivers accuracy over a range of ALP levels, including low values, for milk from cows (whole, semi-skimmed, skimmed and flavored) as well as from sheep, water buffalo, and goats. Benefits include higher precision, reproducibility, and a ten-fold improvement in test sensitivity. The Fluorophos® Test System is a true international reference for the industry. In May 2007, the European Union (EU) adopted the Fluorimetric Method (ISO Standard 11816-1) as the new standard in assessing the correct pasteurization of milk. The system has also been unanimously approved as a full international standard method by The International Dairy Federation (IDF 155), the International Standards Organization, (ISO 11816), and the CEN European Standards Organisation and is also approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the US Interstate Milk Shippers, and AOAC International. Available from Advanced Instruments, http://www.aicompanies.com/ai_products/alp/alp.htm.
- The Advanced 4250 Single-Sample Cryoscope, which uses the industry-preferred freezing point method to precisely determine added water in milk. The 4250 delivers superior accuracy and reliability in two minutes and, with its on-board sample identification, broad measurement range and optimal sample size requirement, the Advanced 4250 provides accurate results in either timed plateau or plateau-seeking mode. Available from Advanced Instruments, http://www.aicompanies.com/ai_products/cryoscope.htm.
- The BagMixer®, a solid sample preparation system which blends sample materials with a stomach-like action in a sterile bag that preserves cells for better microbiological analysis. In use, the bag is repetitively squeezed to break up the contents while special filter bags automatically separate the juice or inoculum from the solids. The BagMixer is silent and easy to use and features variable time and speed of blending. There is a range of accessories facilitate bag handling and storage. Available from Spiral Biotech, http://www.aicompanies.com/SBI_products/sample/sample.htm.
For more information on any Advanced Instruments, Spiral Biotech or Delta Instruments solution, visit booth number 3074 at the 2007 IFT (Institute of Food Technologists) Annual Meeting & Food Expo Advance Program. Or, contact Advanced Instruments online at http://www.aicompanies.com, info(at)aicompanies.com, our toll-free number (800)225-4034 or +1(781)320-9000.
About Advanced Instruments, Spiral Biotech and Delta Instruments
Founded in 1955, Advanced Instruments, Inc. is the world's largest supplier of freezing-point osmometers used in clinical, pharmaceutical, and biotechnology laboratories. The company is also a leading supplier of analytical instruments and test kits for the food, dairy, and industrial microbiology markets. Based in Norwood, Massachusetts, USA, the company also produces Fiske® Associates brand diagnostic instruments and operates Spiral Biotech, Inc., and Delta Instruments as wholly-owned subsidiaries.
For nearly 30 years, Spiral Biotech, Inc. has developed and supported automated microbiology systems for food, dairy, and environmental sciences. The company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Advanced Instruments, Inc., the world's leading manufacturer of freezing-point osmometers for clinical and research applications. Visit Spiral Biotech online at http://www.spiralbiotech.com.
Advanced Instruments' Delta Instruments CombiScope(tm) Analyzer is a highly reliable system that performs both milk composition analysis and somatic cell counting for rapid milk testing in dairy labs. The solution combines a spectrophotometer using established infrared technology for elemental analysis, plus FDA-approved, fluorescence flow cytometry for fast and accurate counting of somatic cells. The dual-purpose analyzer quantifies the amount of fat, protein, lactose, and solids content accurately and automatically in milk and milk products, as well as precisely measuring the total number of somatic cells in raw milk. Visit Delta Instruments at http://www.aicompanies.com/ai_products/combiscope.htm.
Advanced Instruments' products are supported by a worldwide network of direct sales people and independent distributors. Reach Advanced Instruments online at http://www.aicompanies.com or contact customer service at (800)225-4034 or +1(781)320-9000.