Dallas, TX (PRWEB) November 2, 2007
"Get Gifted at The Station" this holiday season when Mockingbird Station, the pioneer of mixed-used developments in Texas, kicks off its 2007 "Hot Holiday Happenings" Monday, Nov. 5 beginning at 5 p.m. with Happy Hour specials and dining discounts for adults and children at participating restaurants, followed at 7 p.m. by a free family movie screening in the open-air staging area next to Angelika Film Center & Café.
This kick-off event is a prelude to The Station's "Hot Holiday Happenings," a series of fun events and special offers with a unique themed activity open to the public every weeknight, 5 - 9 p.m., from Nov. 5 until Christmas (excluding Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve).
In addition to these themed weeknight events, Mockingbird Station will act as the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex "hub" for the Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium World Record Toy Drive for Toys for Tots the week of Nov. 6-12. Dallas Mavericks' Center Erick Dampier is supporting the toy drive and will be involved in special events surrounding it. Toys for Tots, in partnership with Walden Media and Fox Walden's new film, Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium--and with the support of national sponsors, Wendy's® (NYSE: WEN), Target® (NYSE: TGT), and UPS™ (NYSE:UPS)--is aiming to collect more than 12,000 pounds of toys in ten metro-areas across the U.S. (with a goal for each market to collect 1200 pounds) in order to set a Guinness World Record® for Largest Toy Drive (determined by weight over the course of one week).
"Mockingbird Station is really like no other shopping-dining-entertainment complex in Dallas--a dynamic, energetic place we hope to entice people to explore and experience for themselves this holiday season," said Sarah-Lynn Jimenez, general manager, Mockingbird Station. "'Get Gifted at The Station'--whether it's for yourself, your family and friends, or your community through Toys for Tots--is a great opportunity for us not just to tell, but to show the thoughtful gift giver what sets our property, shops and restaurants apart, while providing a fun and funky twist to the holiday season."
"Toys for Tots has been a mainstay for decades every year during the holidays, but this toy drive is a chance to bring fresh awareness and renewed excitement to a terrific cause," said Staff Sergeant Joe Nguyen, Head Media Coordinator for DFW-area Toys for Tots. "We're very happy to team with Mockingbird Station on this initiative."
Hot Holiday Happenings details:
- Monday, "Family Night @ The Station" (every Monday 11/5-12/17) - Choose from a variety of casual dining options--with special offers for children and parents beginning at 5 p.m. at participating restaurants. A free outdoor screening of family films starts at 7 p.m. in the staging area next to the Angelika Film Center
- Tuesday, "Get Wrapped @ The Station" (every Tuesday 11/6-12/18) - Shop around and take advantage of free gift wrapping at Paperie & Co., 5 - 9 p.m.
- Wednesday, "Deals & Discounts Night @ The Station" (every Wednesday 11/7-12/19) - Save time and money with one-stop holiday shopping beginning at 5 p.m., when consumers can reap substantial savings from a host of participating retailers, while finding gifts for just about everyone on their list
- Thursday, "Get Rocked @ The Station" (every Thursday, not including Thanksgiving, 11/8-12/20) - Groove to an eclectic mix of music, starting at 5 p.m. with a DJ spinning holiday tunes like 'Jingle Bell Rock', followed at 7 p.m. by live music--ranging from local bands to community choirs and holiday carolers
- Friday, "Date Night @ The Station" (every Friday 11/9-12/21) - Romance is in the air beginning at 5 p.m. with an assortment of special flower bouquets available at Cymbidium, and participating restaurants offering couples dining discounts; plus, a free outdoor screening of favorite holiday and romantic movies at 7 p.m. in the staging area next to the Angelika Film Center
- Daily - Free valet parking, all day, every day; full detail of retailer and restaurant deals and discounts is listed at http://www.mockingbirdstation.com
Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium World Record Toy Drive for Toys for Tots details:
- Tuesday, Nov. 6 at 6 p.m. in conjunction with "Get Wrapped @ The Station" - Erick Dampier greeting fans, and free gift wrapping offered by Paperie & Co.
- Monday, Nov. 12 at 6 p.m. in conjunction with "Family Night @ The Station" - Erick Dampier greeting fans, an early visit from Santa Clause and a weigh-in on The Station's roundabout, where a giant scale will be used to gauge whether the Dallas market has reached its goal. (Following the weigh-in, a contingent of Marines will enact a ceremonial loading of toys into a waiting Fed Ex truck to transport to Toys for Tots' warehouse in Arlington. Ultimately, these toys will be distributed to kids in need throughout North Texas.) Guests who bring an unwrapped toy will be able to get a picture with Santa, and are invited to stay afterwards for the special Family Night film on the plaza next to the Angelika Film Center
Mockingbird Station is providing a centralized facility to house all of the toys collected from "toy chests" in DFW area elementary schools, movie theatres, as well as in participating store locations of regional sponsors, Midas Auto Care Centers and Radio Shack. (A complete list of toy drop-off locations is available at http://www.magorium.com.) Guests of Mockingbird Station are encouraged to drop off an unwrapped toy--either at the Angelika Film Center or at the LOFTS Management Office (located in the breezeway next to Starbucks and Rockfish)--any time during the week of the toy drive.
For further details about Mockingbird Station's "Get Gifted" campaign, including a roster of discounts and special offers, a complete list of participating shops and restaurants, Station-wide retailer and restaurant discounts offered now through Christmas, and full calendar of events, visit http://www.mockingbirdstation.com. For more information about Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium World Record Toy Drive for Toys for Tots, contact Joe Nguyen at (469) 826-1442. To learn about local volunteer opportunities with Toy for Tots, visit http://dfwtoysfortots.com.
About Mockingbird Station
Mockingbird Station became an instant urban village success upon its inception in 2000, mixing architectural styles and unprecedented amenities to create a lively atmosphere, unlike any other development in North Texas. Developer Ken Hughes created chemistry when he paired lifestyle, work and retail with the local transit system in a ten-acre pedestrian friendly site. The Station is filled with 175,000 square feet of both local and national retailers and restaurants, plus the Angelika - an eight-screen independent theater. In addition, it is home to 211 loft-style apartments and 150,000 square feet of office space.
Mockingbird Station is equally appealing to motorists and rail commuters with its convenient location at the northeast corner of I-75 and North Central Expressway, as well as the Red or Blue Line of the DART light rail. Trains run every 10-20 minutes with direct platform access, and there are over 1,500 surface level and covered below-ground parking spaces, as well as complementary valet parking. On-the-go casual and world-class cuisine are all available at Mockingbird Station, along with a unique retail experience ranging from national chains to treasured and eclectic local favorites. For more information about Mockingbird Station, visit http://www.mockingbirdstation.com.
About Toys for Tots
Toys for Tots, the U.S. Marine Corps' premier community action program and one of the nation's flagship Christmas charitable causes, is dedicated to "delivering a message of hope and bringing the joy of Christmas" to America's needy children. For more information about Toys for Tots, including how to donate toys, where to find drop-off locations, and local campaign offices, visit http://www.toysfortots.org.
# # #