Kissimmee, Fla. (PRWEB) March 8, 2008
The American Public Power Association has named six Kissimmee Utility Authority executives to its Honor Roll.
The Honor Roll was established by APPA in 1978 to recognize employees or officials of APPA member utilities with 10 or more years of service who have made significant local contributions to public power.
An engraved plaque and congratulatory letter from APPA President & CEO Mark Crisson were presented at today's KUA board meeting to the following honorees:
- James "Jim" C. Welsh, President & General Manager
- Kenneth "Ken" L. Davis, Vice President of Engineering & Operations
- Chris M. Gent, Vice President of Corporate Communications
- Joseph "Joe" Hostetler, Vice President of Finance & Risk Management
- Larry W. Mattern, Vice President of Power Supply
- Carolyn S. Scott, Executive Assistant to the President & General Manager
APPA (http://www.appanet.org) is the Washington, D.C.-based national service organization for the nation's more than 2,000 community- and state-owned electric utilities serving 45 million people.
Founded in 1901, KUA (http://www.kua.com) is Florida's sixth largest community-owned utility providing electric and telecommunication services to 170,000 residents in five Central Florida counties.
# # #