Waltham, MA (PRWEB) March 15, 2008
Spring is usually the official start of the allergy season. However, many allergies that are associated with the springtime are often caused by poor indoor air quality in homes rather than just outdoor pollen from spring flowers and trees. Here are some quick tips to make your home or office allergy-free:
1. It is always a good idea to first test your home for allergy triggers: molds, dust mites, pet dander, cockroach allergens, fiberglass fibers, formaldehydes and other pollutants. There are several types of dust mite, mold and allergy test kits available. Finding the specific problem can help alleviate asthma, headaches, coughing, eye and respiratory irritation, sneezing, fatigue and flu like symptoms.
2. Use HEPA air purifiers in rooms where most of your time is spent. A good HEPA (high efficiency particulate arrest) air cleaner can remove up to 99.95% of airborne allergens from your household air! A high-grade air cleaner is essential for allergy sufferers in order to achieve excellent indoor air quality. The IQAir HealthPro air purifier is our top rated Hepa air purifier for removing allergens, viruses, pollen, pet dander and mold spores from the home or office. It starts at $649 for the IQAir HealthPro Compact model which covers approx. 900 Sq. ft. and has six fan speeds.
3. Vacuum up pollen spores, dust and other allergens (including pet dander) with a high grade HEPA vacuum cleaner twice weekly. Vacuum walls, carpet, flooring, chairs and furniture...anywhere dust can collect. Make sure the vacuum has HEPA sealed filtration so no allergens are released back into the air when vacuuming. Miele vacuum cleaners are our best rated HePA sealed vacuums that are both powerful and easy-to-use. They start at $389 for the Galaxy series.
4. Sanitize, deodorize and disinfect your home with a vapor steam cleaner. Vapor steam cleaners are chemical free and use only tap water to clean your floors, carpets, counters, appliances, upholstery, windows and much more. Steam cleaning kills dust mites, mold spores and other unwanted bacteria. The Whitewing vapor steam cleaner is our best value steam cleaner at $449.95 and is exclusive to AllergyBuyersClub.com. It features a 2-year warranty, full selection of accessory tools & towels and an instructional video for cleaning your entire home.
5. Wash all bedding in 140-degree hot water at least twice weekly to eliminate dust mites, pet allergens and pollen. Use dust mite covers for your mattresses, pillows and comforters to further protect yourself and your family from dust mites.
6. Shower and wash your hair every night before you go to bed. People often bring pollen and other seasonal allergens into their homes on their clothes and their hair. Use shower filters that remove chlorine and other chemicals too.
7. Keep pets off of your bed and out of your bedroom. Sorry, this is a small price to pay for allergy relief. Your bedroom should be a sanctuary from allergens. So tempt your pets to sleep elsewhere.
8. Reduce moisture levels with a dehumidifier. Dehumidifiers help control mold in your basement and dust mites in the bathroom, kitchen and other damp areas. Also, fix leaks immediately and limit your home to a few houseplants. The Danby low temp dehumidifier is one of best rated dehumidifiers because of its quietness, energy efficiency and sleek design. Starting at $299.95, the Danby dehumidifier covers up to a 1200 square feet room and is ideal for basements or damp rooms.
9. Use a furnace filter to add protection and help clean your indoor air. Washable furnace filters will help effectively clean the air in your entire home and work well when combined with the use of air cleaners.
10. You do not have to suffer this allergy season! If you follow steps 1-9, your spring allergies should be significantly decreased without expensive allergy prescriptions. Keeping on top of these steps takes a concerted effort, however, it will be well worth it once allergy season hits.
AllergyBuyersClub.com is a multi-channel retailer founded in 1998 which rates, reviews and sells healthy home products for allergy relief. The company is a division of Boston Green Goods. Inc. located in Waltham, MA, which also operates such web sites as GreenandMore.com and SleepBuyersClub.com. AllergybuyersClub.com was named by Internet Retailer as one of the top 500 U.S. retailers in 2007.
For more information on AllergyBuyersClub.com, contact:
Division of Boston Green Goods, Inc.
486 Totten Pond Rd.
Waltham, MA 02451