Bethesda, Md. (PRWEB) November 17, 2008
Marriott International, Inc. (NYSE: MAR) - Courtyard by Marriott today rolled out its new lobby and room design in San Diego, Calif., marking the first West Coast property to launch the "refreshing business" concept. The 317-room Courtyard San Diego Mission Valley/Hotel Circle (http://www.courtyardsd.com), located at 595 Hotel Circle South, San Diego, Calif., 92108, officially opens today, Nov. 17, 2008.
Located five miles from the San Diego International Airport and minutes from downtown, the Courtyard San Diego Mission Valley/Hotel Circle offers guests convenient access to the many San Diego business parks, the San Diego Convention Center and the Gaslamp Quarter, as well as leisure destinations including San Diego Zoo and SeaWorld.
"From day one, Courtyard has prided itself as a brand that listens to what business travelers want from a hotel," said Brian King, Vice President, Global Brand Manager, Courtyard by Marriott. "Guests want more control and choice with services and amenities that create a healthy balance between working and relaxing. We redefined the Courtyard lobby so it invites guests to get out of their rooms to work, socialize or for entertainment, whether traveling alone or with colleagues."
Courtyard by Marriott and its hotel owners and franchisees in the U.S. and Canada expect to introduce the complete new lobby concept at 12 hotels this year - with the Courtyard San Diego Mission Valley/Hotel Circle being the first new build on the West Coast to implement the concept - and as many as 100 more hotels in 2009.
Some features of the open, contemporary Courtyard San Diego Mission Valley/Hotel Circle include:
- Welcome pods for personal and private interactions replace the traditional front desk.
- Flexible seating including a communal table in the middle of the action invites guests to relax. The lobby also features several private booths that are equipped with HDTVs, complimentary WiFi and power outlets.
- A convenient 57" touch screen known as the GoBoard™ offers guests quick access to local information, maps, weather, and news and sports headlines.
- A 24/7 enlarged business library has complimentary computer access, WiFi and a boarding pass printing kiosk.
- The Bistro™ offers high-quality, healthy menu options. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, The Bistro also features flexible seating with complimentary WiFi.
- A full bar is also available for an evening cocktail or a beer while watching the game.
- For those morning pick-me-ups, a full Starbucks espresso bar offers hot and cold beverages.
- When the late night cravings hit, the 24/7 Market™ is available with snacks, beverages and sundries.
- Guests can take a seat in front of the 52" HDTV and watch the variety of programming.
- Or for a little recreation, guests can engage in a lively game on the complimentary Nintendo Wii.
- Taking meetings and events to the next level is the goal of Courtyard San Diego Mission Valley/Hotel Circle. The 10-story hotel boasts more than 8,000 square feet of meeting space to accommodate small meetings and functions of up to 300 people.
- This ultra-adaptable space includes two boardrooms, six breakout suites, plug-and-play technology and complimentary WiFi.
- Delicious catering options and creative presentation are artfully handled by the hotel's experienced event services team.
- Courtyard San Diego Mission Valley's 317 guest rooms are comprised of 309 deluxe rooms and eight suites, all offering guests supreme comfort with Marriott's REVIVE bedding package.
- Other room amenities include complimentary WiFi, large desks, 32" LCD TVs with premium channels and stunning bathrooms.
- Green has been Courtyard's signature color since Marriott launched the brand 25 years ago. Now it's even greener with the introduction of a guest recycling program - receptacles for paper, glass, plastic and metal are conveniently throughout the hotel.
For more information or reservations, call the Courtyard San Diego Mission Valley/Hotel Circle hotel directly at 800-815-5770 or visit the website at http://www.courtyardsd.com.
About Courtyard by Marriott
Courtyard by Marriott is the leading select-service hotel brand in the United States. Providing guests with a combination of casual comfort and time saving services, Courtyard hotels feature large functional guest rooms and are conveniently situated where people travel. All Courtyards now offer free WiFi service to guests. Locations range from airports and office parks to downtown areas and recreational destinations. Several locations feature revitalized historical buildings. Courtyard is nearing 800 hotels worldwide. Courtyard participates in the company's award-winning Marriott Rewards® frequent guest program. Members earn their choice of points toward free vacations or frequent flyer mileage for dollars spent at more than 3,000 Marriott hotels worldwide.
Our statements about the number of, and particular hotels at which, we expect the new lobby to be introduced are "forward looking statements" within the meaning of federal securities laws. These statements are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties, including those described in Marriott International, Inc.'s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, which could cause the new lobby introduction dates or locations to be different than we anticipate.