Kaliningrad, Russia (PRWEB) December 5, 2008
The MAPILab company is one of the leading software developers for Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Exchange Server. It is happy to present its new software solution for Microsoft Exchange Server - MAPILab POP3 Connector.
MAPILab POP3 Connector enables various companies to solve an actual problem of downloading mail from external POP3 servers and its delivering to recipients located on Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 in the most effective and simple way.
Using an external server which downloads mail allows you to limit access to Microsoft Exchange Server form the internet. This increases security level of message exchange and reduces its maintenance costs.
For small and- medium sized companies, Microsoft simplifies this task: SBS POP3 Connector is included into Windows Small Business Server which allows downloading mail from POP3 servers. However, this standard connector has a number of limitations. It is also bundled with the Windows Business Server package only. There is no such a connector in all other versions of Microsoft Exchange Server so it is impossible to download mail from external POP3 servers.
MAPILab POP3 Connector adds such a possibility to Microsoft Exchange Server. It has more functional capabilities than SBS POP3 Connector included into Windows Small Business Server as well.
Program key features:
- Unlimited number of mailboxes. The program allows you to download an unlimited number of messages regardless of the size of your company and a number of mailboxes located on external POP3 servers.
- Separate setting for each mailbox. Management of mailboxes is carried out separately what allows you to customize each mailbox taking into account server settings and addressee's preferences.
- Support of SSL (secure socket layer). MAPILab POP3 Connector allows you to collect mail using a secure SSL protocol. You are able to customize delivery of messages using standard or secure connection for each mailbox.
- Work with single and catch-all mailboxes. The program enables you collecting mail from personal mailbox located on external POP3 server and delivering it to the specified addressee. Also the program can download mail from catch-all boxes and automatically identify the addressee located on Microsoft Exchange Server 2007.
- Flexible settings for frequency of mailbox processing. You can set up how often the program should check the external server for new messages by specifying a time period starting from 1 second.
- Easy settings and administration. Management of the program can be implemented with the help of the well-known Microsoft Management Console. It makes it possible to add MAPILab POP3 Connector to the existing administrative snap-ins.
- Adjustable and convenient system of control and audit. MAPILab POP3 Connector enables you to record all program activities in the log file according to the preferable levels of specification. At any moment a system administrator can get information about program functioning and processed mail from program and Windows Server event logs.
Detailed information about MAPILab POP3 Connector can be found at the product homepage. You will also be able to download a 20 day trial version of the program.