Our sales results with the shopping cart at our Plano store are such that we have now signed up our entire auto group. I think in 5 years, this will be the only way people will buy a car.
Dayton, OH (PRWEB) January 20, 2009
Timed to coincide with the Jan 24-27 annual National Automobile Dealers Association (NADA) convention in New Orleans, Ai-Dealer today announced that car dealers of almost every brand in the USA have now subscribed for its shopping cart ecommerce system.
For the first time, consumers all over the country need not go in to a showroom or submit a lead to shop for and buy a car of almost any make or model. Car dealers spanning nearly every brand have now subscribed for Ai-Dealer's shopping cart service, and via their websites make such a capability available for consumers to shop for and buy their next car entirely online.
For those not familiar with a "shopping cart for cars," the service includes actual selling prices of the vehicles, and also rebates, credit, interest rates, trade-in values as well as additional dealer products such as extended warranties and accessories.
Ai-Dealer's founder and CEO, Brian E. Hoecht, says "Using the shopping cart, consumers get to build their own car deal. They get an accurate selling price and monthly payment. Their ability to self-serve the whole transaction eliminates much of the angst associated with the current alternatives (leads and showroom visits) when shopping for a car. Online consumers really enjoy being able to shop and not just inquire before they have to talk to a salesperson or go in to a dealership. Which is the odd part; once they no longer have to go the dealership for a sales consultation, experience shows that they want to because trust has been established."
Ai-Dealer has been developing its shopping cart ecommerce application since August of 2005. While its product has been steadily enhanced since it went live in Nov 2006, its next generation shopping cart that was released today includes a very significant redesign. It answers a number of requests for enhancement received from both consumers and car dealers. Specifically:
1) The shopping cart now works on any browser (Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome and Safari) and on both Windows XP and Vista as the Artificially Intelligent avatar was eliminated.
2) The shopping cart hooks up to and has been added on to almost every major car dealer website provider. The car dealership remains free to deal with whichever provider it has always used.
3) A massive performance / speed increase to near-instantaneous response times.
4) A significant redesign to improve the intuitiveness of the program for increased consumer understanding and interoperability.
5) The company has nearly tripled its coverage via dealer signups over the past 4 months - right through perhaps the worst sales period in its industry in decades.
John Meadows, Ecommerce Director at Huffines Auto Group in Dallas, TX who has been on the program at Huffines' Hyundai store in Plano since January of last year went on to say "Our sales results with the shopping cart at our Plano store are such that we have now signed up our entire auto group. I think in 5 years, this will be the only way people will buy a car."
About Ai-Dealer: Ai-Dealer is a privately-owned, software company based in Dayton, OH. It is the only provider of a commercially available shopping cart ecommerce system for car dealers. For more information, please visit its website at Ai-Dealer.