I am honored to have our company's products chosen for such a momentous occasion in history
Cambridge, MA (PRWEB) January 17, 2009
WAAV®, the mobile cellular router company responsible for putting wireless Internet on Boston's commuter trains, Greyhound, and other mass transit operators, announced today that Amtrak has selected the AirBox® X4 multiple-connection 3G cellular router to provide wireless Internet service to the Presidential inaugural train. Multiple WAAV AirBoxes will be keeping the President-elect, guests, and press connected to the Internet while in transit, allowing them to check email, message supporters, surf the Internet, and check for the latest online news stories. Amtrak officials tested WAAV's AirBox late last year and recently chose WAAV's latest product, the AirBox X4, the world's first quad connection cellular router, for Presidential use.
The technology to support this level of mobile Internet service was first introduced by WAAV, Inc. in 2005. AirBox cellular routers create a WiFi hotspot by converting 3G cellular signals into a wireless Internet connection. The AirBox X4, soon to be available to the public, uses four cellular connections in parallel to provide maximum performance, bandwidth, and coverage in mass transit applications.
"I am honored to have our company's products chosen for such a momentous occasion in history," commented Brian J. Smith, president of WAAV, Inc. "The team at Amtrak has worked diligently to make this happen, and we are thankful to be a part of this project." WAAV is a leading provider of wireless Internet to the mass transit industry, having been chosen recently by the Massachusetts Bay Transit Authority to provide wireless Internet on Boston's commuter rail in addition to providing mobile WiFi services for many other mass transit authorities.
The Key Features and Benefits of AirBox Cellular Routers:
- Connect multiple users and devices simultaneously
- Bandwidth allocation option - Evenly distributes bandwidth to multiple users
- GPS-enabled fleet management -Remotely track vehicles from any location
- Remote diagnostic management - Manage AirBox settings from any location
Recommended Applications for AirBox Cellular Routers:
- Wireless Internet for buses, trains, and commuter rails - Provide WiFi Internet access to passengers while in transit
- Mobile Internet connectivity for public safety vehicles - Provide a secure connection with maximum coverage and availability for public safety personnel
- Video security surveillance - Monitor remote or in-vehicle cameras
- Broadcast video - Stream live video or upload video clips from any location
- Cellular backup - Provide a redundant Internet connection for failover
AirBox cellular routers are available now on WAAV.com. To learn more which AirBox will be right for your industry please visit http://www.waav.com or call 888-GET-WAAV (888-438-9228) for assistance.
WAAV Inc., located in Cambridge MA, is the leading provider of rugged cellular routers for the mass transit, government, enterprise, video surveillance, and television broadcasting industries. WAAV specializes in creating reliable cellular equipment and networking systems for applications that demand high performance and durability. For more information on WAAV's products and services please visit our website.
WAAV® and AirBox® are registered trademarks of WAAV, Inc.