Portland, OR (PRWEB) February 17, 2009
Billionaire and highly acclaimed economist, George Soros, has been removed from the distinguished list of the proposed Leadership for The Prosperity Mandate (TPM). The TPM proposed Fund America Program addresses the current economic crisis and provides a lasting and renewable stimulus package and economic recovery plan. The key elements are:
1. A sustainable and renewable Monetary Policy
2. $1 Trillion into the US Economy and the same amount again worldwide -- all without $1 of direct government funding.
3. 10% Tax Credit to anyone (large and small) who buys a CD at a bank and pledges it to an authorized Fund America Program - funding a broad diversity of programs (all spelled out on the website below).
4. No tax on households earning less than $50,000 - but they have to deposit and save an amount equal to what the tax would be.
5. Low annual limitations on Capital Gains; eradicate Depletion Allowances; terminate Farm Subsidies paid for not growing something.
In response to a request by Mr. Michael Vachon of The Soros Fund and the World Economic Forum 2009, Mr. Soros leaves the company of the other proposed Leadership of TPM; Al Gore and Mitt Romney as Managing Directors; and as the Board of Advisors, Eli Broad, John T. Chambers, Alexander Friedman, John Hatch, Jeffrey R. Immelt, Michael Milken, Charles Munger, Colin Powell, Joseph Stiglitz, Tom Tierny, and Meg Whitman.
Inclusion in the list above, does not indicate that the individuals named have agreed to direct The Prosperity Mandate. The list is offered to show the prestige, authority, and diversity requisite to make a program of this magnitude and complexity work.
Asked for comment, Mr. Neal Katz, Founder of The Prosperity Mandate noted, "This saddens me, as Mr. Soros is one of my personal heroes. His acumen, guidance and intentions will be missed in the Leadership of TPM. The purpose for the Leadership nominees is to show that TPM is a national non-partisan proposal for a new sustainable Monetary Policy to solve our crisis from a point above politics. The Prosperity Mandate will always welcome any and all direction from Mr. Soros."
For more information on The Prosperity Mandate and to download a copy of the plan, visit: http://theprosperitymandate.org