Emeryville, CA (PRWEB) March 9, 2009
Sendmail, Inc. (http://www.sendmail.com), the leading provider of reliable and secure email and messaging infrastructures, today announced the availability of an online video featuring Gartner, entitled "Reducing Operating Expenses through Modernization of the Messaging Infrastructure."
IT and Messaging Infrastructure Strategy and Bottom Line Savings
Anchored by the importance of putting strategic IT planning at the heart of the CIO agenda, the informational video provides customers with an overview of IT and messaging infrastructure components, challenges and strategies for modernization, including:
- The challenges of aging IT architectures and the potential budget challenges of IT infrastructure modernization.
- The impact of compliance regulations on effectively modernizing systems.
- The role of green initiatives in IT modernization projects.
- The major components of the messaging infrastructure and where they fit into the larger IT architecture.
- The similarities and differences between messaging infrastructure and overall IT challenges.
- How to determine if the current messaging infrastructure is modern.
- How to budget for messaging infrastructure modernization given the current state of the economy.
- Noteworthy messaging infrastructure modernization success stories.
- The email backbone and benefits of an email architectural review.
These topics are explored by the following industry veterans who join together to examine how successful enterprises are cutting operating expenses, improving the agility of their messaging systems and gaining considerable return-on-investment by modernizing their messaging infrastructures:
Glen Vondrick, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Sendmail
David Maislin, Senior Director of Technical Services and Strategy, Sendmail
Andy Kyte, Vice President and Gartner Fellow, Gartner
"Now more than ever, enterprises are focused on IT investments that will lead to increased efficiencies and cost reductions with significant return-on-investment," said Vondrick. "In order to achieve such return-on-investment, it is crucial for these organizations to increase their email backbone visibility to understand the challenges and opportunities of modernizing the messaging infrastructure. We believe this engaging video-format webcast resonates with CIOs faced with such critical IT investment decisions."
Click on link to view now: http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/media_alert/0/50312943/
About Sendmail, Inc.
Sendmail provides appliance-based products, applications and services that enable enterprises and government agencies to modernize their messaging infrastructures. Since 1982, thousands of commercial and open source customers around the globe have relied on Sendmail for a unified approach to the complex problems of policy-based message handling and routing. The company's comprehensive suite of applications addresses the challenges of gateway management, inbound threat protection, data leak prevention, email authentication, and intra-company message management. These applications run on Sendmail's family of Sentrion® Message Processors, which are available in hard appliance, virtual appliance and blade server configurations. Sendmail is headquartered in Emeryville, CA with sales and support offices throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia.
For more information call 1-87-SENDMAIL, or email info @ sendmail.com.