I'm glad that the majority of our customers pay close attention to the safety talk. But, it is worrying that so many feel it unnecessary. I think that we would all want to be prepared for an emergency and to protect our families in this situation.
London, UK (PRWEB) June 6, 2009
More than one in five of us ignore the flight safety talk when flying, according to a poll released today.
Holiday Extras, the UK's market leading travel add-ons company, says that 21 per cent of customers who responded to their online poll admitted that they don't feel it necessary to watch the cabin crew's safety demonstration.
Thirteen per cent said they were regular travellers and know it all already, the remaining eight per cent just don't bother to watch.
A safety-conscious 79 per cent of Holiday Extras customers claimed to give their full attention to the demonstration and to check the location of their closest emergency exit every time they fly.
Mike Whiting, managing editor at Holidayextras.com, said: "I'm glad that the majority of our customers pay close attention to the safety talk. But, it is worrying that so many feel it unnecessary. I think that we would all want to be prepared for an emergency and to protect our families in this situation."
Be prepared before you fly by checking your airline's baggage restrictions and allowances with HolidayExtras.com.
Note to editors
Holiday Extras has won many different awards including:
- Travel Weekly Awards 2009 - Best Travel Insurance Provider
- British Travel Awards - Best Airport Parking Company
- Top 50 Call Centres for Customer Service
At Holiday Extras you can get a range of services which include travel insurance, gatwick parking and pre-booked airport lounges.
And here are some interesting fast facts about Holidays Extras:
- 1.2 million airport parking bookings for 2007/08
- 433,186 airport hotel rooms sold in 2007/08
- Owns and manages approximately 24,500 parking spaces through Airparks brand at eight UK airports
- Offer 60,000 parking spaces at 26 UK airports and two UK ports
- Offer lounges at 18 UK airports