One of the most important things small business owners can do for themselves is to find new ways to improve their Online search results
Wyckoff, NJ (PRWEB) June 20, 2009
In this highly competitive business world, having a Web site just isn't enough these days. Even if your current marketing plan includes promoting your Web address to existing customers, potential customers may have difficulty finding you. "One of the most important things small business owners can do for themselves is to find new ways to improve their Online search results," says Marlene Bauer Pissott, President and founder of WebSwagger.com, an InGroup, Inc. small business solution.
There are several things small businesses can do to improve their search results:
- Seek out directory listings - Free listings are preferred but you may want to pay for inclusion in the Yahoo directory or for a listing in a specialized, vertical market
- Give links…get links - Don't be stingy with linking out. You'll want to encourage others to link to you
- Create unique content - Search engines give a thumbs up to quality, relevant content
- Try to get links from ".edu" domains as they are seen as "reputable" by the search engines. Become a sponsor as a means to boost your credibility through this connection
- Supplement organic search with sponsored ads (pay-per-click) directly though Google, Yahoo or MSN
"Your site's search-ability is driven by popularity, good site content, links and reputation," says Pissott. Improve your visibility by starting with these basic search strategies. For more tips on Web site Promotion, log onto: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeWUbBqK5Ok&feature=channel_page to watch Lesson 3 of the company's Online video series entitled, "Web Sites Need To Be Promoted" and visit http://www.WebSwagger.com to sign up for Marketing Treasure--a free informational resource containing Web and print marketing solutions for small businesses.
Serving the needs of small businesses and professional service firms around the nation, WebSwagger.com offers unique, professional and affordable Web sites, search engine optimization services and co-branded print marketing materials.
WebSwagger.com is managed by InGroup Inc.-- full-service creative agency, in Bergen County, N.J., providing innovative marketing and communications services since 1995. For more information visit http://www.WebSwagger.com or call, (888) 772-6400.
# # # #