Version 4.0 incorporates important customer driven enhancements such as Windows Explorer integration, attachment management, and folder drag-and-drop, making it the most advanced SharePoint client solution on the market today. I'm very proud of what our team has been able to accomplish in this release.
Vancouver, BC (Vocus) June 30, 2009
Colligo Networks Inc., a leader in SharePoint® client solutions, today announced the launch of Version 4.0 of its Contributor for SharePoint product line - a family of award winning desktop applications that improve the user experience, and increase SharePoint adoption. In addition to extensive feature enhancements across all the products, this release introduces two new products: the Colligo Contributor File Manager and the Colligo Contributor Uploader for Outlook.
Version 4.0 will be released to market on July 13, 2009.
Data sheets for the Colligo Contributor 4.0 product line including a 4.0 new feature summary can be downloaded at http://www.colligo.com/_documents/Colligo-Contributor-All.pdf
Combined with Colligo's existing products - Contributor Add-In for Outlook, Contributor Client, and Contributor Pro - the new products expand the product line to provide the ultimate desktop integration for SharePoint:
- Colligo Contributor File Manager - This Windows Explorer® extension seamlessly links folders on a users file system with SharePoint document libraries and lists. Local folders become "SharePoint aware" - online or offline - so users can access advanced features such as metadata, content types, and document templates, while adding and editing files using familiar desktop operations. In addition to the Windows Explorer interface, SharePoint folders can also be accessed from any application that uses the standard Windows File Open/Save dialog, thus making SharePoint a viable replacement for Network File Shares. File Manager is included as part of Contributor Pro or is available as a separate application.
- Colligo Contributor Uploader for Outlook - This product provides a cost effective and intuitive way to upload emails and attachments to SharePoint and browse document libraries and lists - all from within the Microsoft® Office Outlook® interface. Users can simply drag-and-drop content into document libraries and folders, instantly capturing critical metadata, increasing adoption of SharePoint for email management.
Significant new features and capabilities in V4.0 include:
- Manage Attachments in SharePoint - Included in Contributor Add-In for Outlook and Contributor Pro, this feature enables users to instantly upload email attachments to SharePoint and replace them with links. Customizable email send rules prompt users to upload attachments before sending. This feature allows enterprises to reduce email storage requirements, overcome OST/PST limitations and convert users to SharePoint based collaboration.
- Folder Drag-and-Drop - Included in all Contributor products, this feature allows complete folder structures and metadata to be copied from a users' desktop or between SharePoint document libraries with a simple "drag and drop" operation. The necessary folders are created in SharePoint, files uploaded and metadata values set on each file imported. Users can specify custom metadata using the default folder level metadata feature or via a customizable metadata editor.
- Enhanced Extensibility - The Contributor Software Development Kit (SDK) provides a .NET Application Programming Interface (API) plus relevant technical information and specifications to enable developers to extend Colligo Contributor applications. In version 4.0, the SDK and core runtime engine have been significantly enhanced, making it easier for customers to develop their own custom SharePoint client applications, in addition to management, configuration and installation tools.
"Over the past year, we have been working closely with our base of over 1000 customers worldwide to define the features of this new release," said Barry Jinks, Founder and CEO, Colligo Networks. "Version 4.0 incorporates important customer driven enhancements such as Windows Explorer integration, attachment management, and folder drag-and-drop, making it the most advanced SharePoint client solution on the market today. I'm very proud of what our team has been able to accomplish in this release."
"We are really excited with the new capabilities, features and interfaces available in Contributor 4.0 and how they can positively impact our clients' business," says Tony Smith, Product Manager at DataLan and author of the SharePoint 2007 User's Guide, published by Apress. "The Contributor File Manager provides a valuable new SharePoint integration point on the desktop and, along with the other improvements across the entire product line, Colligo is enabling SharePoint to reach its potential as a complete ECM solution and as a viable option to replace both Network File Shares and Exchange Public Folders." DataLan is a Colligo partner and system integrator located in White Plains, NY.
Products in the Colligo Contributor product family can be purchased from the Colligo store at http://www.colligo.com/store. For more information on pricing and availability of the Contributor Software Development Kit, partners and customers should contact partners(at)colligo.com. The free Colligo Reader (for individual users only) and a 30-day trial of Colligo Contributor Pro are available at http://www.colligo.com. Volume pricing and other enquiries can be directed to sales(at)colligo.com.
About Colligo Networks
Colligo is a leading provider of desktop collaboration solutions. Its client-based software solutions extend the functionality of collaboration and content management applications like Microsoft SharePoint and IBM Lotus Notes. Designed to increase productivity, Colligo products move critical data storage and synchronization functions from the server to the desktop, enabling users to more effectively capture, access, edit, and share information when and where they need it. From instant team collaboration to remote user access, Colligo enhances the collaboration experience for over 200,000 licensed users in more than 50 countries. Customers include Siemens, PricewaterhouseCoopers, General Motors, KPMG, Qualcomm, and Grant Thornton. Colligo is a Microsoft Gold Certified ISV partner and IBM Business Partner. For more information visit http://www.colligo.com.
Colligo is a trademark of Colligo Networks, Inc. All other corporate names and / or product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
For further information, please contact:
Tel: 604 724 7755