Guelph, ON (PRWEB) July 17, 2009
Netsweeper Inc., a global provider of Internet content filtering and access management solutions, is proud to be launching the latest generation of its flagship solution. This version now offers significant enhancements to the performance and user interface plus an extensive list of additional features that address both customer and market demands.
"We are really excited about this latest release. Our real-time, content categorization technology has undergone some performance enhancements which have been tested in partnership with a number of the world's leading Telcos. Netsweeper has now proven to process over 10 Gb/s of throughput when deployed on single carrier grade server. Latency has also been decreased to 0.003 milliseconds for each request. This is an astounding accomplishment that clearly puts Netsweeper at the forefront of our industry," said Andrew Graydon, Chief Operating Officer at Netsweeper. "Additionally, Netsweeper is excited to release a number of new features and a series of user interface enhancements. With these upgrades, our customers, both current and future, will be rewarded with an increased ability to control Internet access in their respective user communities while also preserving the security and performance of their networks."
Some of the more notable features added to this latest version include:
- Live Logs of System Internet Activity - In addition to the previous static, archival logs, one can now view and search dynamically updating logs from the WebAdmin dashboard. Netsweeper has added a number of new logs - including Reporter Messages, Reporter Errors, and Policy Server Errors.
- More Canned Reports and an Improved Reporting Interface - With the addition of more canned reports plus an improved report management interface, users now have a faster and more intuitive experience in accessing system data.
- Ability to Create Custom Groups of Categories - Netsweeper now enables administrators to create customized groups of categories to make the management of all system categories simpler. No longer will one be required to manage over 50 individual categories and 6 different category groups separately.
- Complete Customization of Deny Pages - Create a custom deny page for each URL category, group or policy that redirects the user to a predefined URL. In addition, a deny page can now include a custom text message when sending alerts to administrators.
- Threshold Monitoring of Abusers - Netsweeper now allows administrators to set thresholds for monitoring users who routinely attempt to avoid filtering, such as via anonymous proxies. If a user attempts to visit a specific blocked category more than a certain number of times, administrators will have the ability to configure the Policy Server to move the user temporarily or permanently into a more tightly filtered group - or even deny the user Internet access altogether.
- LDAP Synchronization with Novell eDirectory (Novell NetWare 6.5) - Netsweeper can now use the LDAP protocol to access your Novell eDirectory group and user information, such that changes to an eDirectory management system automatically update the Netsweeper user and group database. (Previously, Netsweeper could only synchronize with Active Directory users and groups through LDAP.)
- Setup Wizard - The Netsweeper install CD includes a new, easy-to-use Setup Wizard. This tool, which features embedded help files, allows administrators to check the adequacy of their system components (processors, memory, network interfaces and storage space),confirm connection status and configure the following:
-Administrative passwords (for the WebAdmin, root account and Vendor Account)
-Network settings (host settings, interfaces and bridges)
In addition to this new product release, Netsweeper is excited to note that business continues to prosper despite a turbulent economy.
"Having just celebrated our 10th year in business, Netsweeper is now poised for continued expansion. Combining over 10 years of research and development into our products, an experienced, global sales force and an extensive network of strategic business partners, Netsweeper is very well positioned to meet the demands of our rapidly growing customer base, "said Perry Roach, co-founder and CEO of Netsweeper.
Roach further added, "This new product release depicts Netsweeper's business philosophy. By working closely with our customers, Netsweeper is able to understand exactly what it is that is needed in a solution offering. In fact, all of the features and enhancements now available in the Netsweeper platform are the direct result of the feedback from our client base. We are proud of this latest release and of the accomplishments of our entire team for that matter, but thanks is given to our customers whom collectively help us achieve these goals."
To learn more about Netsweeper and this major upgrade release, please visit http://www.netsweeper.com.
Netsweeper is a provider of intelligent Internet content filtering and access management solutions that are specifically designed to empower the IT administrators of network service providers, education networks, government organizations and businesses. Having just celebrated its 10th year in business, Netsweeper has continuously developed leading edge software tools and technology which enable these IT authorities to control and manage Internet access both on the network and off the network where remote devices are assigned. By deploying Netsweeper solutions, a secure and productive Internet environment is created, which is free of harmful, malicious and inappropriate content. Since its inception in 1999, Netsweeper has grown dramatically with offices now in Canada, United Kingdom, India and Australia, as well as, a comprehensive and global network of strategic business partners.