Norwell, MA (PRWEB) July 21, 2009
Clean Harbors Environmental Services, Inc. (http://www.cleanharbors.com), the leading provider of environmental and hazardous waste management services throughout North America, has named William J. Briggs Director of Government Services. He reports to Senior Vice President of Government Services John P. Lawton.
Mr. Briggs leads Clean Harbors' expansion of its government services business development and operations by focusing on the specific environmental needs of federal agencies, such as the Environmental Protection Agency, the Departments of Defense, Energy, Agriculture and the Interior, as well as other agencies that have environmental or hazardous materials responsibilities.
The expanded effort builds on Clean Harbors' significant hazardous materials management and specialized services offered to the government sector.
"Clean Harbors' federal government business is steadily growing," said Mr. Lawton. "Clean Harbors has the reach and the expertise to perform day-to-day waste materials management, as well as to respond to large-scale mitigation projects and emergency situations anywhere in the country. Under Bill's guidance we will tune our offerings and further expand our outreach to ensure that federal agencies are aware of our environmental services portfolio."
Most recently, Mr. Briggs was Director, Office of Public Outreach at the United States Environmental Protection Agency (U.S. EPA). As such, he was responsible for planning, developing, and reviewing wide-ranging communications for the Agency. Mr. Briggs has also held several positions of increasing responsibility in the public and private sector. He was Assistant Vice President for Legislative Affairs at DC Navigators, LLC in Washington. He has also held industry association and state government positions. He received a Bachelor of Arts in Economics from the University of Michigan.
Mr. Briggs is based in Arlington, VA and can be reached at 571.225.0116.
Clean Harbors Government Services
Clean Harbors brings its comprehensive portfolio of environmental, industrial and emergency response services to the government sector through ongoing contracts or on an as-needed basis. Specialized services applicable to government agencies include:
- Large-Scale Waste Removal & Disposal Projects - Clean Harbors provides turnkey transportation and landfill or incineration disposal for soil and other contaminated media from remediation activities. The company also provides support services including groundwater disposal, investigation derived waste (IDW) disposal, rolloff container management, and many other related services. Clean Harbors handles inorganic waste, reactive waste, petroleum contaminated waste and explosives, as well as VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) and Environmental Protection Agency RCRA/TSCA (Resource Conservation & Recovery Act/Toxic Substances Control Act) and CERCLA (Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act) waste, including Mega-Rule. Clean Harbors also offers the destruction of classified materials or classified document destruction.
- Clean Harbors Emergency Response and Disaster Recovery Services - Clean Harbors has the ability to respond to national incidents, large chemical and oil spills and releases, natural disasters on land or water or smaller emergencies. Whether it's a cleanup and removal of a single mercury bottle, a large-scale multiphase containment and clean-up of a coastal oil spill, or damage from a hurricane, governmental agencies trust Clean Harbors' expertise and technical knowledge to handle any emergency with the highest regard to the environment and health and safety.
- Decontamination Services - Clean Harbors offers decontamination services for a wide range of circumstances by removing, neutralizing, or destroying any harmful substance. Utilizing various methods, the company decontaminates small machinery, fume hoods, buildings, entire facilities and any other contaminated areas. Clean Harbors also offers biohazard cleaning and disinfection for agriculture and livestock, including low pathogen avian influenza building cleaning and disinfection.
- Personnel Services - Clean Harbors Apollo Onsite Services is an environmental services outsourcing program that places select experienced employees at military installations, laboratories, hospitals, and R&D facilities to support the customer in managing their environmental responsibilities. From the collection and packaging of waste materials, management of satellite accumulation areas, to complete facility cleaning or running RCRA treatment processes, Clean Harbors provides a comprehensive program to meet customer needs.
- Post-Demilitarization Explosives Disposal - Clean Harbors Explosives Management Services provide risk-free management of explosive and reactive wastes. The company handles bulk explosives, military weapons, ammunition, explosive contaminated debris, detonation cord and propellants. Materials are processed at a Clean Harbors EPA-approved thermal treatment facility.
In addition to comprehensive hazardous waste removal and disposal services, Clean Harbors also offers Online Services, a web-based system to manage waste profiles and inventories in multiple storage locations, track and view manifests and invoices, and run essential reports.
About Clean Harbors Environmental Services, Inc.
Clean Harbors is North America's leading provider of environmental and hazardous waste management services. With an unmatched infrastructure of waste management facilities, Clean Harbors serves over 47,000 customers, including more than 325 Fortune 500 companies, thousands of smaller private entities and numerous federal, state and local governmental agencies. Clean Harbors' Technical Services provides a broad range of hazardous material management and disposal services including hazardous and non-hazardous waste recycling, treatment and disposal, CleanPack® laboratory chemical packing, and household hazardous waste management services. Clean Harbors' Site Services provides field services, industrial services, vacuum services, emergency response and disaster recovery, transformer services, tank cleaning and decontamination.
Headquartered in Norwell, Massachusetts, Clean Harbors has more than 100 locations strategically positioned throughout North America in 36 U.S. states, six Canadian provinces, Mexico and Puerto Rico. For more information, visit http://www.cleanharbors.com.
David N. Proud
Vice President, Marketing
Clean Harbors Environmental Services, Inc.
Soucy Communications Group