Our Montgomery (Alabama) location of Virginia College staff are wonderful to work with! We are kicking off the employee campaign Saturday (October 10).
Birmingham, AL (PRWEB) November 3, 2009
Colleges under the umbrella of Education Corporation of America continue to hold special kickoff events in the first-ever "The ECA Way...The United Way" campaign drive. Employees and students alike have gotten behind the support for United Way programs in each of the communities where ECA has schools.
At Virginia College in Huntsville, Alabama, campus president Jim Foster welcomed local United Way spokesperson Anita Daniels to that school's rally. She shared specific information about programs specific to that city, and there was much discussion about volunteering time and effort in addition to pledging money. That was in direct response to the corporate United Way video, which is available for view by employees--or anyone else, for that matter--on the company web portal. In that video, ECA CEO Tom Moore calls attention to the similarity between the missions of the ECA schools and United Way.
United Way personnel have sent back positive feedback about the energy and enthusiasm they are finding at all ECA schools:
"Our Montgomery (Alabama) location of Virginia College staff are wonderful to work with! We are kicking off the employee campaign Saturday (October 10)."
"Thanks for the follow up. We're excited, we will be at the Virginia College (Biloxi, Mississippi) kickoff today at noon!"
"I want to applaud you again for helping set up a culture of giving throughout ECA." (Birmingham, Alabama)
The Tampa, Florida, Virginia College crew for online college degree programs chimed in with an update this week as well:
"We have currently collected $2,280.88 in donations! There are several ongoing activities as well as several planned events for the near future. They are:
· A donation jar has been placed In the lobby and a couple among teams as well.
· Each member of Team 11 is contributing a dollar for each day they wish to dress casual and the team's manager is matching those contributions.
· Chips purchased from a warehouse store are being sold to raise funds.
· A silent auction will be held on Monday by the Military Student Center. Of particular interest in the auction is the donation of 2 tickets to see the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, donated by the General Manager.
· A bake sale will take place on Friday. Many have offered to participate. We love to eat!
Everyone is having a lot of fun with the campaign and we hope to be able to offer the United Way contributions before the end of the month!"
ECA employees can learn more about the drive, including how to win some great prizes and keep track of the friendly but enthusiastic competition between each of the company's divisions, by logging onto the company web portal.
Most campaigns will run over two or three weeks in October, concluding by the end of the month.