Mansfield, MA (PRWEB) November 21, 2009
First Option is pleased to announce the newest version of iSeries Watchdog by First Option.
iSeries Watchdog by First Option is a new iSeries system monitoring solution that was originally developed to assist with First Option’s iSeries outsourcing business. It is now being marketed as software as a service (SaaS) , where a secured connection will be established to the customer, and client software installed to gather the key health statistics of your System i (AS400) server. A monthly fee is charged that includes rental of the client software and graphical front end.
iSeries Watchdog collects key health indicators of System i servers and displays them in a color coded GUI interface. System problems, halt messages, tape drive status, DASD, CPU percentage and disk status are some of the indicators displayed.
New Features in 2.0 Include:
- Ability to monitor and report messages of specific jobs to defined user groups.
- Ability to respond to QSYSOPR messages via the GUI.
- Ability to define the number of times to send alerts for QSYSOPR messages.
- Automated version upgrade/PTF detection and distribution.
- Ability to customize email distribution groups for alerts. For example, user groups for 8-5 help desk staff and one for after hours staff.
- Ability to maintain system downtimes by day, time and duration.
- Ability to set message actions to bypass certain email groups.
For a more information or a demo of iSeries Watchdog please contact sales(at)1stoption(dot)com.
First Option was founded in 1995 and has significant resources and expertise in iSeries systems hosting and application development. Corporate headquarters are located in Mansfield, Ma. For more information, visit http://www.1stoption.com.
First Option Inc.
508-339-0588 x15 phone
# # #