We’ve taken our customers’ feedback and created a faster, more collaborative, and easier to use secure file transfer solution that meets the needs of companies looking to satisfy the security and compliance requirements when sending large and sensitive fi
Chelmsford, MA (PRWEB) August 11, 2010
Biscom Delivery Server (BDS - http://www.biscomdeliveryserver.com ), the most trusted name in secure file transfer solutions, today announced the release of BDS version 4.0. The latest release—available immediately for all customers—includes new collaboration capabilities, folder uploads, automatic file compression, Outlook 2010 support, and enhanced customization and security controls.
“This is a major release for us, one that we’ve been working on for over a year. We’ve taken our customers’ feedback and created a faster, more collaborative, and easier to use secure file transfer solution that meets the needs of companies looking to satisfy the security and compliance requirements when sending large and sensitive files,” stated Bill Ho, VP Internet Products.
Specifically, BDS version 4.0 incorporates:
- Folder upload support: Entire folders can be dragged and dropped into the BDS interface and uploaded at once, keeping file structures intact.
- Microsoft Outlook 2010 compatible: The BDS add-in is now available for Outlook 2010, which includes all the features of the Outlook add-in for 2003 and 2007, including the ability to send both a private and public message.
- Collaboration: Enables groups of people to share documents securely, and collaborate with ad hoc groups of people.
- Advanced security controls and reporting: Improved user management and registration, and instant notification alerts of user and system issues provides better visibility into overall system operations for administrators who want maintain a healthy system.
-Automatic file compression: With 4.0, files can be compressed up to 90% of their original size, thus significantly increasing the speed at which files are transferred. Compression and decompression are handled at the desktop level, reducing CPU cycles on the server side, reduces network bandwidth usage, and improves transfers for high-latency connections. BDS intelligently determines which files are best suited for compression, so valuable time is not wasted on incompressible file types.
- User preferences. BDS 4.0 offers improved capability for users to personalize their accounts that best fit their preferences, where each user can customize their deliveries and delivery options to best suit their needs.
Biscom Delivery Server continues to see rapid adoption in the managed file transfer market and is used by hundreds of thousands of professionals worldwide. BDS is offered as a Cloud, on-premise, and SaaS solution to meet companies’ most diverse deployment requirements. For more information on BDS 4.0, please visit our website: http://www.biscomdeliveryserver.com or contact a sales representative at 1-800-477-2472.
About Biscom Delivery Server
Biscom Delivery Server (BDS), a product of Biscom, focuses on secure, managed file transfer solutions. BDS resolves the security, compliance, and file attachment problems of e-mail and FTP. Since 1986, Biscom has been enabling enterprise document delivery and workflow solutions for Fortune 1000 companies. BDS can be found on the web at http://www.biscomdeliveryserver.com.