Groundwire finally presents the mobile user with a viable alternative to their desktop phone
Prague, Czech Republic (PRWEB) August 23, 2010
Mobile software developer Acrobits released their new business caliber SIP Client, Groundwire for the iPhone, this week. This news should delight both iPhone owners and the VoIP world in general. SIP users finally have a mobile client capable of meeting all their needs.
Groundwire has all the great features of Acrobits’ current softphone client, Acrobits Softphone, and adds some very important business caliber features. Groundwire supports transfer and attended transfer, call waiting and conference calling. It also adds a voicemail waiting indicator and a programmable voicemail dialer. But that’s just a taste, here’s the full list of features.
- Multitasking background support for iOS4
- Transfer and attended transfer
- Push Notifications, a reliable way to receive calls when the Softphone is closed
- Multi line
- Call waiting, switch between calls with headset controls or just shake the iPhone
- Conference calling
- voicemail waiting indicator with programmable dialer
- Customizable ringtones, choose from our selection or pick something from your media library
- HD Wideband audio through G.722
- excellent sound quality, includes the G.711, GSM and iLBC audio codecs. Make an in app purchase to add G.729 Annex A for great quality over 3G networks
- Completely redesigned audio optimized for the best VoIP experience on the iPhone
- Number rewriting, enabling you to utilize your existing contacts without having to create new entries to satisfy the dialing requirements of your PBX or SIP provider
- Address Book Matching to automatically format your contacts into the proper international format
- TLS support for encrypted SIP
- Bluetooth support for iPhones with OS 3.1 and higher
- audio codec manipulation, enabling you to prioritize the codecs used and disable ones you don’t want to use
- call recorder and player, seamlessly integrated into the call history
- comfortable and super-smooth user interface, fine-tuned specially for the iPhone
- customizable background and colors
- full localization (currently English, Chinese, Danish, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portueguese, Swedish, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Czech and Slovak)
- very easy configuration
- simultaneous registration of multiple SIP accounts, have multiple accounts registered to receive incoming calls and switch the account used for outgoing calls without leaving the keypad
- iPhone contacts integration. Easy to call anyone in your contacts via SIP
- Contacts search function, search your contacts by name or number
- add new contacts directly from the softphone
- Quickdial, your 12 favorite contacts are one touch away
- ability to generate DTMF tones while in call, to control various PBX features or automated systems (use audio, rfc 2833 or SIP INFO)
- speakerphone support
- detailed call history, with intelligent call grouping for an easy overview
- support for sip:username URLs in phonebook
- configurable RTP port range
- SIP Proxy support, VPN support
- STUN server support, automatic service discovery using DNS SRV queries
- quick import of accounts from major VoIP Providers, like Gizmo5, Voipcheap, TerraSIP and others
- phone number resolution. We present the phone numbers in a convenient format with grouped digits, display the flag and country name and even region/city name for some countries, including the U.S.
“Groundwire finally presents the mobile user with a viable alternative to their desktop phone,” says Acrobits. Users have been looking for a mobile SIP client that can duplicate the functionality of their desktop phone and Groundwire does that and more. With full support for multitasking and push notifications, users have more control than ever when using their SIP provider or PBX on their iPhone.
Acrobits has once again proven their dedication to providing the best VoIP experience on the iPhone. And with their upcoming release of Acrobits Softphone for Android, SIP users on Android will soon be singing Acrobits’ praises as loudly as iPhone users do now.
Acrobits is a privately owned software development company with a focus on mobile software development. The company is based in Prague, Czech Republic and was established in November 2008. Three of its founders have been working as a team since 2003 and have developed several award-winning applications for a wide range of mobile devices. In 2008, they teamed up with a Swiss entrepreneur and pioneer of VoIP technology and together they founded Acrobits. Acrobits Softphone is their flagship product.