Generally men and women look for different things when they are buying a home.
Fort Myers, FL (PRWEB) August 27, 2010
This week the Florida Association of Realtors announced sales of single-family homes in Florida dropped sharply in July. Simultaneously, the National Association of Realtors announced sales of existing homes plunged to the lowest level in 15 years last month across the nation.
What is a seller to do?
Fort Myers, Fla. sellers Paul and Tina Haisman, who are selling their home due to a job relocation, decided to get creative.
"It's frustrating and stressful to be sitting and waiting for your home to sell so you can move on with your life," Tina Haisman said.
The Haismans wanted to do something different with their listing that would capture the attention of people sifting through hundreds of listings in their price range.
"We decided to do a top 10 list of the things we love most about our home, but when we wrote them up, we realized they were vastly different," Haisman said. "That actually made sense to us, because generally women and men look for different things when they are buying a home. So, we went with it!"
The newly created description of the home was a hit in the Fort Myers area. Agents commented on its creativity and asked if they could use the idea, as well.
"I'm not thrilled that people are copying the idea, because I want my listing to be different, but I know that must mean it was a good one," Tina Haisman said.
Without further delay, here are the Dueling Haisman Top 10 Lists.
The Husband’s Top 10 List of Reasons to Buy 11471 Persimmon Court
1. Brand New Multi-Color Tiled Roof 2010!
2. Lightweight Corrugated Hurricane Panels (Google storm stoppers)
3. Cable wired in all rooms
4. Wood-burning Fireplace
5. LifeShield wireless home security ready
6. Boston Red Sox Stadium Coming Soon!
7. Heat Exchange Unit (air conditioning heats hot water)
8. Heat Pump Pool Heater
9. Newly Resurfaced Pool
10. Newly Rescreened Lanai
The Wife’s Top 10 List of Reasons to Buy 11471 Persimmon Court
1. Beautifully Landscaped Pie-shaped Yard
2. Split Floor Plan
3. Large Kitchen opens up into Family Room
4. Vaulted Ceilings create Openness
5. Nicely Painted and Clean
6. Lots of Sliding Glass Doors for light
7. Fully Re-modeled Master Bath
8. Heated Pool
9. Fenced, Private Backyard (one of largest in Gateway)
10. On a Cul-De-Sac with fantastic neighbors
For more information on this property, click here.