Logan, Ohio (Vocus) August 31, 2010
Just because summer is over for the kids doesn't mean it has passed you by. September is a second chance at summer. Ohio's Hocking Hills provides the perfect opportunity to have a Second Summer. All of the region's popular attractions are open and in all their glory, yet after August, visitors enjoy lighter crowds.
Known for offering some of the most spectacular scenery and unforgettable experiences in the Midwest, the Hocking Hills region invites travelers to enjoy a Second Summer. To make that easier and more affordable, Hocking Hills Tourism Association has compiled a series of affordable, close-to-home “Second Summer Specials.” A complete detailed list is available online at http://www.1800hocking.com. With deals available through September, and some offered beyond Oct. 1, these Second Summer offerings include:
- WaterSong Woods Cabins: 10% off all prices Sept. 6-26
- Historic Host: 10% off regular Fri./Sat. weekend rate; add Thurs. or Sun. for 25% off
- At Boulder's Edge: Enjoy a weeknight in our cabin and Canopy Tour the next day at 20% off (new reservations only)
- Connor Homestead Lodge: Six guests stay any week night (Sun.-Thurs.) in September for only $150 (three-night minimum; more than six guests, add $10 each/night)
- Big Pine Lodge: Enjoy a $50/night discount (valid Sun.– Thurs., new bookings only, two-night minimum)
- Cabins in Hocking: Book two weeknights in September, get third night FREE
- Hocking Hills Cabins: Stay the weekend and get third night (Thurs. or Sun.) for just $89; or stay three nights midweek at $109/night
- Inn & Spa at Cedar Falls: FREE 50-min. relaxation massage when reserving four nights in a cottage or cabin (based on two people)
- 4 Seasons Hideaway: New bookings receive four nights at the price of three
- A Cola View Cabin or Adena Ridge Cabin: Choose any two weeknights and receive the third night at $100 base price ($40 savings)
- Blue Rose Cabins: Book three nights and enjoy the fourth night FREE
- Honey Ridge: Stay any weeknight for $110.50/night (15% discount) or weekends for $153/night (10% discount); add up to two weeknights consecutively with a weekend for only $65/night
- Lazy Lane Cabins: $30 off per night for cabins priced at $129 and up Sun.-Thurs. (two-night minimum)
- Queen Bee Cabins & Cottages: Stay a third night for only $75 plus tax with two nights at the regular price
- Ravenwood Castle: Take 10% off Castle Room or Medieval Cottage rates, Sun.- Thurs.
- Four Seasons Cabin Rental: Stay any weeknight for $99
- Hocking Hills Cabins: Stay three nights midweek for just $109/night
"Second Summer Special" must be mentioned at time of reservation. Some restrictions may apply. Detailed availability, dates and exceptions are listed online. Most discounts are based on availability.
While visiting the Hocking Hills don't forget your video camera. Enter the I Love the Hocking Hills video contest and you could win a fabulous getaway. For all the details visit http://www.1800hocking.com.
Located 40 miles southeast of Columbus, Ohio's Hocking Hills region offers once-in-a-lifetime experiences that make every day feel like Saturday, with plenty of Admission: FREE activities. The region boasts a wide variety of affordable lodging, from camping, cabins and cottages to hotels and inns. In addition to hiking trails, parks and forests, the Hocking Hills area offers unique gift and antique shops, kayaking, horseback riding, golf and more. Complete traveler information is available http://www.1800Hocking.com or 1-800-Hocking (800-462-5464).
Comp or press rate trips and outstanding photos and video available. Contact Amy Weirick, (614) 848-8380 or amy (at) WeirickCommunications (dot) com.