Even small concentrations of a toxic substance can have a larger-than-expected effect on physiology.
San Clemente, CA (Vocus) December 22, 2010
Global life sciences company and medical food developer, Metagenics, Inc., announced a new series of 1-day seminars for health care professionals called, “Clinical Breakthroughs in the Toxicity-Disease Connection.” Presented by internationally respected authority on nutritional biochemistry and Metagenics Chief Science Officer, Jeffrey Bland, PhD, FACN, CNS, the seminars will explore the growing body of epigenetic research suggesting a causal relationship between environmental pollution and common chronic diseases.
The dates and locations are:
- January 29, 2011 in Jersey City, New Jersey
- February 12, 2011 in Anaheim, California
- February 19, 2011 in Chicago, Illinois
- February 20, 2011 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Attendees will learn:
- The impact of environmental toxins on various cellular processes including inflammation and oxidative stress
- Which chronic diseases are most connected to environmental toxicity
- How to assess the impact of pollutants on individual patients
- How even small concentrations of a toxic substance can have a larger-than-expected effect on physiology
- How to use nutrition to support the metabolic detoxification of patients with elevated toxic burden
The seminars are open to licensed healthcare practitioners. Continuing Education Units (CEUs) may be available.
For more details including enrollment information, please visit http://www.metagenics.com.
About Metagenics, Inc.
Metagenics, Inc. (http://www.metagenics.com) is a nutrigenomics and lifestyle medicine company focused on reversing chronic illness and improving health. Founded in 1983, Metagenics currently serves more than 75,000 healthcare providers worldwide to help their patients achieve a lifetime of good health, through premium quality, science-based medical foods and nutritional formulas; and clinically-demonstrated lifestyle therapy programs. Its substantial scientific investment has produced more than 80 articles in peer-reviewed journals and 230-plus patents awarded or pending. Metagenics University, the company's educational arm, collaborates with renowned health and medical experts to annually deliver more than 200 events aimed at helping health care professionals to incorporate nutrition and lifestyle medicine into their clinical practices. Metagenics maintains its corporate headquarters in San Clemente, CA, its R&D headquarters in Gig Harbor, WA and operating subsidiaries in Brussels, Belgium and Brisbane, Australia.
# # #