Susan G. Komen for the Cure(R), Inland Empire to Honor Dr. Janet Ihde, for Service in Breast Cancer Patient Care

Share Article

Dr. Janet K. Ihde, to be honored at the Susan G. Komen for the Cure®, Inland Empire Community Reception for her outstanding service in Breast Cancer Patient Care. The reception is held January 15, 2011, 6:00 - 8:00pm at LaQuinta Resort & Club in partnership with the National Collegiate Tennis Classic held January 14-16, 2011.

The Inland Empire Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure will honor Rancho Mirage surgeon and oncologist, Dr. Janet Ihde, at the Ribbons & Racquets community reception held in partnership with the National Collegiate Tennis Classic (N.C.T.C).

The reception scheduled January 15, 2011 at the La Quinta Resort & Club from 6:00 – 8:00pm sets the stage for raising awareness and funds for breast cancer research and programs while celebrating survivorship and honoring those who have lost their battle with the disease.

“Dr. Ihde is well-known and widely respected for her untiring service and advocacy on cancer issues, particularly in disparities in cancer treatment and the need for education, screening and quality care for all.” said Katie Parker, executive director at the Susan G. Komen for the Cure® Inland Empire Affiliate, “We are very excited N.C.T.C has given us the platform to acknowledge a breast care advocate while joining us in the breast cancer movement.”

Since 1999, the Komen Inland Empire Affiliate contributed over $4.5 million to the Inland Empire with $500,000 of those funds in community grants to non-profit organizations in the Coachella Valley that support breast cancer education and services for uninsured residents.

75 percent of the net proceeds from local fundraisers stay within the Affiliate’s service area to fund grants and the remaining 25 percent supports the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Award and Research Grant Program.

To attend the reception contact the Komen Inland Empire Affiliate at 951-676-7465 or RSVP to info(at)komenie(dot)org.

About Susan G. Komen for the Cure, Inland Empire Affiliate
In 1982, Susan G. Komen for the Cure® was founded on a promise made between two sisters - Susan G. Komen and Nancy G. Brinker. Nancy promised her dying sister Suzy, that she would do everything in her power to end breast cancer forever. Today, Komen for the Cure is the world’s largest grassroots network of breast cancer survivors and activists fighting to save lives, empower people, ensure quality care for all and energize science to find the cures. To date Susan G. Komen has invested nearly $1.5 billion in research and community programs becoming the largest source of nonprofit funds dedicated to the fight against breast cancer in the world.

In addition to the Affiliate office in Temecula, the Affiliate recently opened the Komen Inland Empire Breast Cancer Resource Center in Rancho Mirage, CA. The goal of the center is to increase breast health awareness and offer women in the desert cities a place to gather life-saving information and resources.

Komen Promise: to save lives and end breast cancer forever by empowering people, ensuring quality care for all and energizing science to find the cures.

About the National Collegiate Tennis Classic
The National Collegiate Tennis Classic features the "Best of the N.C.A.A." as the top Men's and Women’s teams from leading colleges and universities across the country will be competing in this year's tournament.The N.C.T.C. is the first major invitational collegiate tournament of the season and has been called the "Wimbledon of College Tennis" by national media. http://www.nctcclassic.com . For ticket information, please call, La Quinta Resort & Club tennis shop at 760-564-7655.

# # #

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Visit website