(PRWeb UK) January 13, 2011
The first few days of January see most people embarking on their list of New Year resolutions. It might be expected that losing weight would be at the top of this list, but how-to video website Videojug.com can reveal a surprise number one for this year....
People's Top Five Goals for 2011*
1. Being successful in love – At the beginning of January 2011 Videojug.com saw a whopping 118% increase in traffic to its dating videos!
2. Sorting their careers – That perennial back-to-work horror saw a 38.5% increase in people watching careers advice videos on Videojug.com.
3. Losing weight – In at number three this year; concern about their Santa bellies saw a 33.86% surge in activity around Videojug.com’s weight loss and dieting content.
4. Being happy - Making 2011 a happy year is a popular goal too, with views of Videojug.com’s ‘How to be Happy’ film up by 15%.
5. Saving money - A 10.03% increase in views of Videojug.com’s money content saw people looking for easy ways to re-fill the coffers after the Christmas splurge.
Tom Laidlaw, CEO, Videojug commented, “It’s fascinating to see how people are using the New Year as a chance to make profound changes to their lives, as we can see through the things they choose to learn about. And, rather than the more superficial ‘nail biting’ and ‘being tidier’ types of resolutions you might expect, it’s the big things that people want to change. I’m proud people feel that they can come to Videojug.com for help with all areas of their lives.”
*Data Source - Google Analytics figures comparing date ranges 28-31st December 2010 to 1st -4th January 2011
Most viewed film on Videojug.com per topic cited:
Most viewed film for dating topic: How to Kiss Someone Passionately - http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-kiss-someone-passionately
Most viewed film for careers topic: How to Ace a Job Interview - http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-ace-a-job-interview-4
Most viewed film for weight loss and dieting topic: Quick Tips on Dieting - http://www.videojug.com/film/quick-tips-on-dieting
Most viewed film for finance topic - How to Get Free Money from Your Bank Account: http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-get-free-money-from-your-bank-account
In 2005 when David Tabizel couldn’t find a video of how to change a tyre he went and filmed the 12 steps on how to do it and put it on the Internet - Videojug was born.
Today Videojug is one of the biggest factual video sites in the world and the number 1 most viewed UK guru channel on YouTube and 12th most viewed guru channel on YouTube globally.
Videojug’s easy-to-follow high quality how-to video tutorials help you ‘get good at life’ by showing you how to perform a million large and small life tasks, as well as providing you with practical and valuable information on any subject under the sun.
The ever expanding library covers a huge range of subjects from cooking and health to technology and dating - all available through Videojug.com and, on your mobile device with Videojug’s apps for the iPhone and iPad.
For Videojug logos, go to: http://corporate.videojug.com/media-downloads
For further information, please contact:
PR Manager, Videojug
Mobile 07779 583 594
# # #