Seattle, WA (PRWEB) January 17, 2011
Calling all social media mavens: Onlineshoes.com is kicking off 2011 in a very big way with Shoestakes, a contest aimed at dedicated denizens of the Blogosphere--blog authors and blog readers alike. (See link below for complete rules and regulations.)
This timely contest is all about resolutions, from losing weight to getting toned to whipping a last-decade wardrobe into shape. One Grand Prize-winning blogger will be randomly selected to receive a $200 gift certificate every month, February through December, for a total of $2,200 that can be applied toward any of the great brands and items available at Onlineshoes.com. Additionally, a $50 gift certificate will be given away every week during the contest period to one lucky blogger or blog reader.
How bloggers can enter:
- Post a blog (250 word minimum) about 2011 resolutions, exploring how shoes, clothing or accessories from Onlineshoes.com can help achieve desired goals.
- Include links to Onlineshoes.com and the Shoestakes contest blog post in each blog post made: Each unique blog earns an additional entry--the more entries, the greater the chances of winning.
- Be sure to post a comment on the Onlineshoes.com Shoestakes contest blog with a link to each unique blog post, or the entry will not be counted.
- Tweet about it, making sure to include the hashtag "#Shoestakes": Each tweet earns an extra entry, up to a maximum of 10 tweets per day.
- Earn up to five additional entries by embedding (into a blog, Twitter account, or other) the Onlineshoes.com contest widget--located on the side of the Shoestakes contest blog--and keeping it in place for the duration of the contest.
How fans of blogs can win, too:
- While only bloggers are eligible for the Grand Prize, both bloggers and their fans are eligible to win one of four weekly $50 gift certificates.
- Bloggers are encouraged to urge their readers to tweet about their blogs, which earns one entry, per tweet, for both blogger and fan.
- Tweet about a blog posted in the comment section of the Shoestakes contest blog at Onlineshoes.com, including the blogger's Twitter name and the hashtag "#Shoestakes". Like bloggers, fans must not exceed the maximum of 10 tweets allowed per day.
Need a jump-start? Here are a couple of resolution-themed suggestions:
- If gaining strength or losing weight are 2011 goals, write about and link to the New Balance 993 Running Shoe, a style equipped with a range of support and comfort features providing maximum energy return, improving every workout.
- Can't narrow it down to one item? Nature-lovers who'd rather get fit in the wilderness than in their living room can link to the Onlineshoes.com Outdoor Shop, a great place to go for packs, clothing, socks and gear as well as performance hiking shoes, boots and sandals.
Entries will be accepted from Friday, January 14 through Monday, February 14, 2011. One winner will be randomly chosen each week of the four-week contest to receive a $50 Onlineshoes.com gift certificate. One Grand Prize winner will be randomly chosen from all qualified entries on or after February 14. The total number of entries accumulated during the contest period will increase each contestant's odds of winning.
View the Shoestakes contest rules and regulations for complete details. Open to U.S. residents only; no purchase is necessary to win.
About Onlineshoes.com: Established in 1996, Onlineshoes.com is the nation's first online shoe retailer. With a history that began decades ago in a family-owned corner shoe store, the company is committed to delivering exceptional value and service. Onlineshoes.com offers the latest high-quality footwear for men, women and kids with more than 240,000 shoe and clothing choices from more than 250 name brands, as well as a wide selection of bags and accessories. Customers are entitled to a 110-percent price guarantee, a 365-day return policy, and free shipping and exchanges on most orders. For more information, visit http://www.onlineshoes.com.
# # #