NEW Renewable Energy Engineer Information Centre Launched
(PRWeb UK) February 19, 2011
SJD Accountancy, the UK’s largest accountants for contractors with more than 10,000 limited company contractor clients many of whom are Oil and Gas and Renewable Energy Engineers, have launched a new Renewable Energy Engineer Resource centre on its website to give advice to potential and existing Engineers looking to get in this growing industry.
Despite record levels of oil production and Brent crude breaking the $100 a barrel, Renewable Energy looks set to be the new boom.
Huge government and public pressure with regards to Climate Change is fuelling an increase in demand for both fulltime workers and contractors within the Renewable Energy job market. The main sources of renewable energy include: solar, geothermal and hydro-electric power and biomass.
Due to the flexible nature and resistance of some companies to take on the long term commitment of full time employees many roles for Renewable Energy are being posted on a contract basis.
According to Renewable Energy UK (REUK) the UK’s Wind Industry explains the industry is struggling to find workers with the correct skills and in 2009-2010, 26% of employers said they struggled to fill vacancies, up from only 3% in 2008-2009. This is favourable news for contractors as they can demand higher daily rates due to the shortage of good candidates.
Maria McCaffery MBE, chief executive of RenewableUK, said “Two conclusions from the results of this study are immediately obvious: this sector has withstood the negative GDP growth of the UK recession and bucked the overall employment trend in a spectacular way by a near doubling of the workforce.”
New Renewable Energy Engineer Information Centre Launched
In response to this rapidly growing sector and the lack of high quality information on the Internet, SJD Accountancy, the UK’s largest accountants for contractors with more than 10,000 limited company contractor clients many of whom are Oil and Gas and Renewable Energy Engineers, have launched a new Renewable Energy Engineer Resource centre on its website to give advice to potential and existing Engineers looking to get in this growing industry.
The Information centre includes clear and plain English advice on: how to get into Renewable Energy, what clients are looking for, how to secure a contract, what potential clients are looking for, rates of pay and the benefits of becoming a Renewable Energy Engineer.
In addition, the website has a wealth of knowledge for Contractors. There is simple to understand information on all the frequently asked questions about becoming a contractor, information on tax, and how to make the move from a permanent position to contracting.
For more information please visit,
About SJD Accountancy
SJD Accountancy is the UK's largest specialist provider of fixed fee, limited company accountancy services to contractors, freelancers and Small Businesses. It is the only national specialist firm of accountants with offices in all major cities, and is the chosen accountancy firm for more than 10,000 clients.
SJD Accountancy has been acting for contractors and small businesses since 1992 and is the most recommended accountancy firm on the Internet. It has more qualified staff than any other specialist firm, with qualifications covering the major Tax and Accountancy bodies, including ATII, ATT, ACCA, CA, ACA, FCCA, ACMA.
SJD Accountancy offers a complete package including completion of accounts, payroll bureau, dividends, corporation tax computations, personal taxation and all company returns.
On top of all that, SJD Accountancy has also won every relevant industry award possible, including:
- ‘Small Firm of the Year’ - Winner Accountancy Age 2007 & 2004
- 'Best Accountant for Contractors' - Contractor UK 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007 & 2006
- ‘Best use of Internet’- Finalist Accountancy Age Awards 2008
- 'Santander Small to Medium Business of the Year' - Finalist National Business Awards 2010
- ‘Excellence in Customer Services’ - Finalists National Customer Service Awards 2009
- ‘Business of the Year’ - Finalists National Chamber of Commerce Awards 2008
- 'Extraordinary Three Star Status' - Sunday Times Best Companies Accreditation 2009 - 2007
- ‘Sunday Times Best Small Companies to Work For’ - Award 2009 - 2007
And most importantly, in a recent survey 98% of their clients rated SJD Accountancy as 'better than other accountants' - and they are working hard to convince the other 2%!
Contact: Jamie Thorpe
Tel: 0500 152500 / 01442 275789
# # #