"The latest Privatefirewall update provides a simple, one-click option to limit the rights of any process or application and significantly reduce the vulnerability to the range of serious online threats.” - Greg Salvato, CEO of Privacyware.
New Albany, OH (PRWEB) October 11, 2011
Privacyware, an innovative provider of web application firewall, pc security and security data analytics software, announced today that it has released a new version of Privatefirewall, the leading free security software for Windows PCs. The new software features one-click control over process rights and adds new IP management and logging features that enhance protection from malware attacks, online identity theft and other forms of cybercrime.
Privatefirewall employs a multi-layered security architecture that combines a stateful Firewall, state-of-the-art Process Monitor and intelligent Host Intrusion Prevention (HIPS) technologies to identify and block Trojans, keyloggers, code injection, program hijacking and zero-day threats and prevent system compromise and theft of personal data.
The key new features and enhancements added to this Privatefirewall update include:
- Limit Rights feature which allows rights to be reduced for specific applications on the fly via Process Detection Alerts or from the Privatefirewall GUI.
- IP Addresses can be added to the Blocked or Trusted List directly from the Firewall log.
- Expanded full-screen game compatibility support.
- New control options to manage the level of logged events.
"Many Windows systems operate with Administrative rights which allow complete and unrestricted access to create, modify, and delete files, folders, and settings on that system,” said Greg Salvato, CEO of Privacyware. “Malware has become pervasive and specifically targets systems that provide full system access and while configuration of end-user PCs to address this problem is fairly common among corporations, it’s less so among individual consumers. The latest Privatefirewall update provides a simple, one-click option to limit the rights of any process or application and significantly reduce the vulnerability to the range of serious online threats.”
Privatefirewall’s key integrated components include:
- Process Monitor inspects and manages critical process functions and blocks malicious code injection and other hostile activity.
- Anti-keylogger module blocks attempts by malware to record keystrokes or mouse input, read or simulate keyboard state, copy screen contents and more.
- Advanced packet filtering via stateful firewall monitors all inbound and outbound communication between the PC and the Internet.
- Process Detection component detects new process and blocks those classified as untrusted.
- Highly configurable Application Control Engine manages precisely how applications can access the Internet.
- System and email anomaly detection engines learn normal system and application use patterns to detect and block suspicious activity.
Privatefirewall provides an exceptional layer of additional protection for the Windows operating system, utilizes minimal system resources and delivers powerful out-of-box protection. Privatefirewall ranks among the top performing desktop defense applications tested against the industry's most rigorous leak, general bypass, spying and termination tests.
Pricing and Availability
Privatefirewall 7 is free and available now. Visit http://www.privacyware.com to download today. Privatefirewall supports 32 and 64 bit versions of Windows 7, Vista, and Server 2008/R2 as well as 32 bit versions of XP and Server 2003. Private label and OEM licensing and integration options are also available to ISVs, ISPs and hardware and peripheral equipment vendors.
Privacyware (http://www.privacyware.com) is an innovative provider of award-winning pc security, web application firewall and security data analytics software. Privacyware products leverage conventional and neural analytics technologies to help systems administrators, IT security and compliance personnel more effectively identify, understand and prevent malicious, unauthorized and/or deviant computing system activity. Privacyware is a member of the Microsoft Partner Network with Gold Independent Software Vendor (ISV), Silver Business Intelligence and Data Platform Competencies.
Privacyware and Privatefirewall are registered trademarks of PWI, Inc. All other registered or unregistered trademarks are the sole property of their respective owners. ©2011 PWI, Inc. All rights reserved.