Players can purchase our new accident plan without answering questions about their health, and the plan is easy to understand.
Binghamton, NY (PRWEB) October 11, 2011
During a recent semipro football game, a football player recently received significant internal injuries and a spinal fracture. An air ambulance quickly transported him to the hospital where he faced many surgeries and a long hospital stay, as well as a long list of expenses not covered by health insurance. However, benefits from his voluntary accident plan – about $34,000 – helped him pay for medical bills and other living expenses.
AFA Benefits Inc.'s voluntary accident plans, provided through Colonial Life & Accident Insurance, offer football players a variety of benefits for covered accidents that can help pay for what health insurance doesn’t. “Players can purchase our new accident plan without answering questions about their health, and the plan is easy to understand.”
Policyholders who have a covered accident or sickness can receive a benefits check paid directly to them (unless they specify otherwise) to use as they see fit. Team coaches and owners can also buy coverage for their players, support staff and even their families.
Accident Plan Features and Benefits
- No waiting for health insurance to pay before you can file a claim through the accident plan for benefits.
- Three coverage levels to fit employees’ budgets.
- Employee, employee/family or family-only coverage options.
- Wide range of coverage, such as: hospital admissions; emergency treatment in an emergency room, doctor’s office and urgent care visits; fractures, dislocations, surgery, rehabilitation unit; X-rays; occupational therapy, medical imaging study; and accidental death and dismemberment.
- Same premium for all employees regardless of job title or management status.
- Other benefits options: choice of accident or accident/sickness disability riders offering total and partial disability benefits, and sickness hospital confinement rider.
- Coverage for people 80 years old and younger.
- Compliant with a health savings account.
For more information about Colonial Life & Accident Insurance’s new voluntary accident plan provided by AFA Benefits, Inc. call 877-624-4485 or email AFABenefitsInc(at)americanfootballassn(dot)com
About the American Football Association: The American Football Association is a national 501(c)(3) non-profit, tax exempt corporation in its 31st year of operation and is dedicated to the advancement of adult (semi-pro) football from coast-to-coast. Our slogan is Semi Pro & Proud®. We are not affiliated with any other national semi-pro/minor league organization. The AFA, Hall of Fame, American Football News™ and AFA logo design are registered trademarks of the American Football Association. All other AFA-related trademarks are trademarks of the American Football Association.