We are pleased to add this much needed piece of equipment to our new California facility. With its specialized capabilities, we can now tailor processes to customers requiring an “out of the box” approach
Fontana, CA (PRWEB) November 07, 2011
Solar Atmospheres of California increased their “High Pressure Quench” capability with the addition of a custom-built, horizontal, front loading 10 bar vacuum furnace (40” wide x 50” deep x 36” high, 5000lb max load). Designed and built by sister company Solar Manufacturing, this new furnace enables the Fontana plant to perform rapid cooling at positive pressures up to 135 PSIG (10 Bar).
This state-of-the-art furnace began serving customers on Oct 1, 2011 and was uniquely designed to meet these specifications:
- Maximum operating temperature: to 2650°F
- Wide operating temperature range from 200°F to 2650°F for processing composites, new graphite hybrid and other bonding compounds
- Low Pressure Vacuum Carburizing (LPVC) with full automatic programmable control
- Partial pressure atmospheres (Hydrogen, Argon and Nitrogen) for processing non ferrous materials and special high alloy brazing applications
- Ultimate vacuum in the 10-6 Torr range.
- Slow pumping and slow back-fill for raw material processing like granular or course powder
- Closeable gas nozzles and rear baffle to restrict gas flow (when required) for special atmospheres in partial pressure application and improved temperature uniformity
- Heat treating of lower alloy material like AISI 4140 and 4130 not possible in other vacuum furnace designs
- Digital data logger to provide e-mail information to customer
President Derek Dennis states, “We are pleased to add this much needed piece of equipment to our new California facility. With its specialized capabilities, we can now tailor processes to customers requiring an “out of the box” approach. We feel that it will be a workhorse in the facility. Our close relationship with our sister company Solar Manufacturing, allows SCA customers to benefit from equipment design enhancements suited for their particular processing requirements.”
ABOUT SOLAR ATMOSPHERES OF CA
Solar Atmospheres of California specializes in vacuum heat treating, vacuum brazing and vacuum carburizing services. Using state-of-the-art furnace technology, Solar serves over 18 metal working industries including Aerospace, Medical and Power Gen. With processing expertise and responsive service, Solar processes small or large parts efficiently with a wide range of vacuum furnaces. Sizes range from lab furnaces to 24 feet long. Solar's unique capabilities, consistent quality and responsive service produce bright scale-free parts with minimal distortion that are delivered on time. With an in-house R&D team of metallurgists, Solar works with customers to develop innovative, custom solutions. For more information, visit http://www.solaratm.com