We have developed new features that make speech recognition technology available to a much wider group of lawyers. We have also developed new proofreading tools that will further improve secretarial efficiency.
Chicago, IL (PRWEB) November 30, 2011
BigHand, the market leading voice productivity software vendor in the global legal marketplace has today launched its most innovative and powerful new version, BigHand 4.2. The new features and enhancements have been developed in consultation with clients through a series of user group meetings, in order to reduce end user training time, increase accuracy and improve the usability of speech recognition for law firms. BigHand 4.2 is a significant step forward in making speech recognition accessible to all types of lawyers and an even more viable productivity technology for law firms.
BigHand 4.2 encourages firms to consider the business case for integrating speech recognition software into their BigHand solution as a complementary tool. With the growing challenge of managing overhead costs and profit margins, firms are looking for ways to increase their efficiency and effectiveness in order to stay ahead of the competition. Speech recognition now offers a compelling business case for deployment in conjunction with BigHand, given the technology’s significant capacity to cut document turnaround times and improve productivity.
Steve Butterworth, President and CEO of BigHand Inc., comments:
‘’We are incredibly excited about the launch of BigHand 4.2; the new software is the result of our experience in delivering successful speech recognition projects and extensive consultation with users through a series of client focus groups. We have developed new features that make speech recognition technology available to a much wider group of lawyers. We have also developed new proofreading tools that will further improve secretarial efficiency.
We also understand that having the right technology in place is just one part of the process. We believe BigHand project delivery makes the difference between a satisfactory implementation and a great deployment. Our expertise in managing projects and driving end user adoption is backed up by the high levels of service and support that clients have come to expect from BigHand.’’
BigHand 4.2 delivers powerful new speech recognition usability tools, including:
- Support for Multi-Core Processors with Dragon v11 SDK Server - increase the number of users per server and improve document turnaround time
- Legal Dictionary Included in Dragon v11 SDK Server - reduce training time while enhancing accuracy of documents with the built-in legal dictionary
- Enhanced Secretarial Playback Functionality - ensure accuracy of automatically transcribed documents by instantly exporting text into Word templates and proofreading at high speed via ‘karaoke text’ or ‘streaming text’ modes
- Instructions Mode - improve the speed of document production; instructional text is highlighted within the transcription and is easily identifiable during proofreading
- Formatting Control via Voice Commands - improve the formatting of transcription via voice commands including the ability to bold, italicize, underline, capitalize and bullet
- Import Auto-Transcribed Text into Outlook and Word - quickly compose emails and documents by importing auto-transcribed text from the BigHand application with one click
- Advanced Speech Recognition Analytics - enable more sophisticated management reporting on the use of speech recognition to promote best practice and help resource planning
Asif Ali, Products Director, BigHand comments:
‘’As the market leader we are committed to the development of innovative yet highly usable technology that benefits our clients. In the development of BigHand 4.2 we have involved users at every step. We have consulted extensively on the challenges our clients face and how speech recognition can be used to overcome those challenges. As a result, version 4.2 delivers significant new tools to improve document production and enhance the efficiency of lawyers and the individuals that support them.’’
The BigHand Group supports over 145,000 professionals globally, across 1,400 organizations, and is based out of Chicago, London, Sydney and Toronto. Further information is available at http://www.bighand.com
Contact: Allison Stegich, Marketing Manager, BigHand, Inc., allison.stegich(at)bighand(dot)com
About Nuance Communications, Inc.,
Nuance is a leading provider of speech, imaging and customer interaction solutions for businesses and consumers around the world. Its technologies, applications and services make the user experience more compelling by transforming the way people interact with information and how they create, share and use documents. Every day, millions of users and thousands of businesses experience Nuance’s proven applications and professional services. For more information, please visit: http://www.nuance.co.uk
Trademark reference: Nuance, Dragon, Dragon NaturallySpeaking, and the Nuance logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Nuance Communications, Inc. or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. All other company names or product names referenced herein may be the property of their respective owners.